Chapter 16: I Know The Story

Hey, yeah I’m going, actually I’m just leaving for camp. Anyways, are you gonna be at the camp? Well, you obviously won’t answer that but worth a shot. Lol.
                                                     Elene.

I closed the envelope circumspectly and put it on my study table as usual. Why do I think I'm a totally different person when it comes to this letter guy? I took a deep breath. Okay, Elene, long and tiring week. I boast myself and headed downstairs.

“Yeah mom, I got everything. Don’t worry.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, mom.”

“Did you keep those pills with you?”

“Yeah, mom.”

“Boots?”

“Yep.”

“Sure?”

“Mom, chill.”

She chuckled and kissed my forehead gently. I hugged her tightly. “I’ll be okay.” I whispered.

“Of course, you will be. Conan will take care of you.” she said, peering at Conan who was bringing down our bags.

“Like I have nothing else to do?” he spoke up, slightly irritated.

Mom and I laughed in unison.

“So you and Melanie are sharing a tent. What about you Conan, they won’t let you share one with Debbie, you know that?” Molly teased, fist bumping Chet.

“I know that. James and I will be sharing one.” He said flatly or irritatingly I think.

The bag left my hand and landed to the floor.

“Wait..what?”

“Uh, yeah. We really bonded at the party.”

"But what about Holder?" I hesitated before asking. Why isn't he sharing someone from his batch?

"He's sharing one with Ryan." He replied, not interested in the conversation.

"But still. I mean, why James?" I asked curiously.

"He was the only person left, Elene, so coach put me up with him."

Yeah, so maybe I didn’t mention this before, but this is probably the last thing I wish for. First mom and dad like him, Melanie already can’t stop bragging about him, Molly loves him, Chet agrees on everything Molly says (something twinning is mostly known for you know), Courtney is already crazy after him, and now my last little ray of hope Conan is also going to bond with him and then he’s gonna like him too and take his side.

Or maybe I just have to be a little less dramatic..

~~~

Avoiding all the lectures Mr. Lee Mars and Mrs. Consuela Black were giving was so easy, they kept on explaining us about the events that are supposed to be held at the camp and like every year Courtney was busy pointing out cute boys and telling us about them. Amanda would just nod, the sincere girlfriend she was, I would pay absolutely no cogitation and Melanie would go on with her.

But today Melanie would just nod and try to listen to the teachers who were now telling us to behave properly throughout the camp. Wow. Melanie and not teaming up with Courtney to discuss about boys?

According to me, she was pretty much over Bryn by now.

No matter how messed up she looked after each break up, it barely took a shower for her to get over a guy. Yeah, that’s her.