|| Chapter #9: Stand by my side? ||

A/n: Now, it's just going to be 1 a day, of the chapters I already have drafted (Which means up to chapter 19, is all already typed up.) When reaching that point, I will let you know the days I will plan to update. :) So stay tuned - Nic (BabyYehet96) 

*** Song: 'Stand By Your Side - Celine Dion 

Dawnika's POV: 

Time Skip: 

It was the 17th of December, And me, the twins, Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Oliver. And some other students attending Professor Lockhart's Dueling club meeting. 

Neville Longbottom and Justin Finch - Fletchley  a Hufflepuff, was going to be partnered up to practice Expelliarumus. Apparently, neither of them did particularly well; at the end of the first round, both were lying on the floor and panting. Most other students had not fared much better. Lockhart admitted that it might be good to teach defensive moves first and asked Neville and Justin to demonstrate for the class, but Professor Snape dismissed them on account of Neville's lack of talent. 

He picked Draco and my little brother Harry instead. Lockhart told them to use only Disarming charms, but Draco used an attack spell. "Everte Statum!" A light came out of his wand, blasting my brother on the other side of the stage like thing in front of us. I gasped a little. 

Draco smirked, as the Slytherin's in the room laughed, And Harry got up, he looked sort of angry.. 'Oh no'  I thought. 

"Rictusempra!" Harry Called, Draco twisted like one of those tops muggles play with before he falls, Snape drags him back over after helping him up.

"I said disarm only!" Lockhart called. 

But I knew that neither of them was listening. 

"Serpensortia!" Draco said the charm. I froze, in horror. It was the snake charm. A snake came out from the wand, everyone gasped in the room. 

"Don't move, Potter. I'll get rid of it for you." Snape said. But then Professor Lockhart called, "Allow me, Professor Snape," He started. I froze, 'He's just going to mess the charm up again.' I thought. 

"Alarte Ascendare!" Lockhart yelled. Trying to vanish the snake, but his spell only let the snake fly up into the air and thud back onto the floor. Hissing angrily, it slithered towards Justin and prepared to strike. Before it could attack the boy, however, Harry instinctively commanded it something it was in parseltongue. 

It sounded like he was commanding the snake to stop, the snake grew peaceful and turned away from Justin to face Harry. 

After Professor Snape blinked away the surprise from his face he called "Vipera Evanesca." He said as the Snake burned and disappeared. 

But of course, Justin who had not understood Harry's command and already mistrusted him thought that Harry had been encouraging the snake. Looking angry and scared, he shouted "What are you playing at?" and ran off before Harry could answer. Harry looked to around and his look stopped to me. 

After the Duelling club, Harry ran off, before I can talk to him.. And Hermione and Ron ran after. I ran after all three of them. 

I got to Gryffindor Common room to see them talking, 

"You're a Parselmouth? Why didn't you tell us?" Ron asked. 

"I'm a What?" Harry asked. 

"You can talk to snakes," Hermione said. 

"I know. I mean, I accidently set a python on my cousin Dudley at the zoo once." Harry said. Ron and Hermione looked to each other, with looks of horror. "Once, But so what? I bet loads of people here can do it." Harry said.