|| Chapter #12: Birthday ||

*** Song: 'Love Takes Time - Mariah Carey' (Album: Mariah Carey) (Released: 1990)

This whole week, Oliver hasn't been around lately and when he is, I tried to ask him about he was talking about last week that night, but he never answers and I'm too scared to ask Godric since he knows what happened with Marcus.

I walked in the great hall, I was greeted by Cedric, gave me a hair ruffle. I don't remember why he was doing that, but he had a big smile on his face.

I saw behind him, Arabell spat out her drink at Dean, who frowned at her, as he stood up and walked out of the hall to clean it off. After we did our regular secret handshake I walked over and sat next to Harry and Fred. Since Oliver was sitting across, next to his sister.
"That was disgusting Arabell Wood, Why did you spit in Dean's face." Georgia was saying to Arabell when I walked over.
"It was an accident!" Arabell said. She looked to me, "When were you going to tell me that it was your birthday!" Arabell said.

I froze, Harry looked to me with eyes widened. "You didn't even tell me!" Harry exclaimed.

"Cedric!" I called.

Cedric looked over to me from behind Oliver with a raised eyebrow. "What is the bloody date today!?" I called.

"January 22nd! Can't you remember your own birthday Dawn! You're unbelievable." Cedric said.

"I was so busy that I forgot my own birthday..." I said as I banged my head on the table two times, before I can hit it on the table for the third time. Oliver had picked my head up slightly, "You're going to hurt yourself if you keep doing that." He said.

"Busy doing what? snogging Oliver?" Cedric asked.

Oliver and I blushed. We didn't even kiss with tongue yet, what is Cedric on about.

"Shut it Cedric Diggory!" I called. Everyone in our houses, from both Gryffindor and Hufflepuff table that knew about our odd friendship all, shook their heads, but I saw smiles on their faces.

Cedric laughed, "Whatever Dawnika Potter." Cedric said.

When I looked to Harry, He was still frowning. "Sorry Harry, I actually forgot because something's going," I said.

Harry signed and grumbled. "I don't even have a present for you."

I couldn't mention to Harry about the werewolf thing in front of the others.

Cedric looked to me with a worried look, "I still stand by the thing I said before, that maybe you should have told Oliver." Cedric said.

Oliver looked back and fourth at me and Cedric confused, "Would one of you Just tell me what you're talking about!" Oliver said kind of annoyed.

I signed, I knew I should tell him now, but I can't say it in the great hall.
But I was still scared.

"I will tell you when we are alone, now is not a good time, I can't tell you with everyone here, " I said. I looked down, I'm scared he would leave me when I tell him, that I turn into one's nightmare during a full moon. I just can't lose Oliver, I just can't.

Oliver looked worried, He put his hand on my shoulder, I looked to him, he had a sad look in his eyes. He wiped away tears from my face,

"It's your birthday Dawnika, you're supposed to be celebrating. Not crying." Oliver said.

Cedric told me to follow him outside, so I did. When I got out, Cedric hugged me in a brotherly hug. "I'm so sorry, I should have kept my mouth closed, " Cedric said. As he wiped my tears away.