Chapter 28

Sarah
"Where have you been?" Keira whispers to me as I enter the classroom and sit down next to her.

"I got caught up." I whisper back and start taking out my books and notes.

I am only five minutes last, but Mr. Ling gave me a disappointed look when I entered the classroom.

"Doing what?" Keira persist and we get a warning glare from Mr. Ling.

"Jack." I mouth and she narrows her eyes, her lips setting into a grim line. She snorts and then turns to her notebook, starting to copy what Mr. Ling is writing on the board.

I roll my eyes at her and do the same. Trying to focus, but it is impossible. I am still woozy from the kiss.

Why did he have to kiss me? I would be much better off if he hadn't.

It would have been easier to stay away, but now I will have that haunting me all day.

Damn you Jack Davis.

Finally it is lunch.

The French lesson was utterly boring and it felt like it lasted forever. I don't know why I insist on reading that subject, it is so freakishly boring and it is not like I am any good at it. My French is so bad it is sad.

Mum thought that sending me on a Study Abroad for three weeks in France would make it better, but no. It only made me realize exactly how bad I am at it.

I stand in the queue to get food with Keira and Sam, waiting for the line to move.

"What did you mean this morning when you said that Jack Davis prevented you from getting to class?" Keira asks and Sam eyebrows shoot up.

"Come again?" He grins and I blush.

"It is nothing like that! He just asked me something." I tell them nonchalantly.

"Oh yeah? What?" Keira demands and I narrow my eyes at her. Why does she have to become so mad as soon as I mention Jack?

"It is none of your goddamn business." I snap, starting to feel angry myself.

"Jeez what is your problem?"

"My problem is that ever since Jack moved in, you have turned into the worlds biggest bitch Keira. It is not my damn fault he is living in my house, but now he does and there is nothing I can do about it! So can you just shut up and get off my back about him?"

"Excuse me? It is Jack Davis, Sarah. I have always been this way towards him-."

"Yeah well, nowadays you are nagging me about him and acting like I have to hate him." I snap at her.

"You have always hated him!"

"I have never hated him, only disliked him." I hiss. People have been starting to give us weird looks.

"Whatever. You have never liked Davis and neither have I, so why change?" Keira stops immediately and her eyes grow wide. "You actually like him," she hisses horrified and I blush.

"I do not like him! Only as a friend and that is what he is. It is hopeless to live with him if the two of us are constantly fighting! So can you please get off our backs and let me handle it alone? Because I am doing just fine without having you scolding me about him." I plead at her with big puppy eyes. Keira frowns and looks doubtful.

"Are you sure you can handle him alone?"

"Of course I can, I am not a child."

"Okay fine. I just don't want you to get hurt, Sarah," she says worriedly and I give her a bright smile.

"I won't! I promise." I say and give her a quick hug. She hugs me back with one arm, since there isn't much space we knock some of the people standing close by.

"And for the record, I am not a bitch." Keira says with a stubborn look as we pull apart.

"Yes you are, at least when it comes to Jack."

"That is because he is a jerk!"

"Not always." I point out and she rolls her eyes.

"You definitely like him," she sighs.

"Yeah, she does." Sam agrees and puts his arm around me. He has been quiet up till now, letting us discuss on our own.

"I do not! Like I said, we are friends, nothing more!" I defend myself and they laugh.

"Whatever you say, Sarah." Sam teases and pokes me.

"Oh, as if you aren't in to him." I pinch him back.

"That doesn't count," he defends himself, holding up his hands.

"Why not?"

"Because; A. he is not gay, so there is no chance for me what so ever. Sadly. And B, I am not living with him."

"That doesn't change anything!"

"Yes it does, sooner or later something will happen between you two. Trust me, I know this stuff." I blush as Sam says this, since he is completely right. Except that it has already happened.

"Whatever." I shrug and try to look casual.

The line has slowly moved forward and we can finally get some food.

We sit down next to some other friends and start chatting with them about different topics. Thankfully Keira shuts up about Jack and Sam doesn't continue to tease me.

"You know, we have a lot to talk about, girlfriend. So you better make room for me on an afternoon of yours," he says as we exit the cafeteria. Keira has left us because she needed to talk to some teacher about... something, probably her grades.

"I always have time for you, Sam." I tell him with a frown.

"I know. I just figured that you are a lot more occupied nowadays with Jack." Sam tells me with a trace of humour.

"I am not occupied with Jack and I will never make room for you if you don't stop teasing me about him." I tell him grumpily.

Could everyone just get off my back about Jack? Honestly it is like everyone already knows what we are up to, which is impossible.

"Sorry, Sarah, I have just got one question though," he almost pleads.

"What?" I mutter crossing my arms as we walk across the schoolyard.

"Why are you so grumpy about Jack?"

"I am not grumpy about Jack! I am grumpy because you guys keep nagging me about him, it is really annoying."

"Because you like him."

That wasn't a question. It was a statement.

I groan loudly. "For the hundredth time, I do not like him!"

"Yeah you do, you have already told me."

Right. I forgot about that.

"I like him as a friend, nothing more."

Sam sighs. "You know, the sooner you stop lying, the better."

"I am not lying!"

"Yes, Sarah, you are."

"No I am not! Now can you please get off my back? You are starting to sound like Keira!" I throw out my arms.

"That bad huh?" Sam lifts a brow.

"Yeah!"

"Okay, I will stop," he promises with a smile.

I stare at him for a while and the smile grows wider. I can't help but smile back.

"Good."

We continue to walk towards the building where our classes are and I get weird feeling in my stomach.

It is time for the history lesson. The one I share with Jack.