Chapter 33

Sarah
I am done with my art class and heading towards my last lesson for the day, biology. That is when I spot them. Jack, making out with a red head. Seriously making out, as in eating each other's faces. Shocked I stop and stare at them, my jaw dropping.

What. The. Hell?

Before I can think of anything better, I walk up to them and bump Jack hard in the back with my shoulder. Making him falling forward over the red head, hopefully biting off that nasty tongue of hers. I don't stop my walk towards my classroom, not daring to turn around and check Jack's reaction.

"Fucking bitch!" The girl screams after me and I clench my jaw, but continue to walk.

How could he? That asshole!

Fuming, I walk into the classroom and slam my bag on the desk. Startling Sam, who jumps a bit and stares shocked at me.

"What is your problem?" His brow furrows.

"Jack Davis is my goddamn problem!" I snarl angrily and suddenly feel like crying when I see Sam's concerned face.

I am more hurt than angry. I feel betrayed.

"What has he done now?" Sam asks patiently, as I sit down next to him.

"He made out with another girl, just to piss me off."

"Well, he sure succeeded."

"Sam!"

"I am sorry, Sarah, but you really shouldn't let him get to you."

"Yeah well, that is quite hard when he kisses me and then makes out with a girl the day after!" I say with a thick voice.

"He kissed you?" Sam gapes at me and I blush.

"Yes." I answer, giving nothing away.

"That jerk." Sam says, narrowing his eyes.

"Yes." I whisper and tears spring to my eyes.

"Oh, Sarah." Sam breathes and braces me in a hug.

"Why would he do something like that, Sam?" I whisper against his shoulder.

"I don't know, honey, maybe he wants to make you jealous?" Sam carefully strokes my back.

"Yes, that is probably it." I murmur and lean out of his embrace.

The class has started and we have to focus on the teacher. Sam glances anxiously my way and I give him a little smile.

I am okay.

I am okay...

I am not okay.

~

Jack is waiting by the car; the keys are in his hand. Ever since my "careless driving" occurred, he has been insisting on driving to and from school.

Walking up to the car, I completely ignore him and walk around to the passenger seat. Jack's eyebrows shoot up, surprised, yet he says nothing and unlocks the car. I get in and sit as far away from him I can, staring out my window.

No eye contact.

No recognition of him what so ever.

Jack doesn't say anything as he pulls out of the parking lot and drives home. The car ride is infinitely long and tension starts to build up between us.

Once we are home, Jack shuts off the engines, but makes no move in exiting the car.

"You are mad at me." His hands rest on the steering wheel and he looks at me with a clouded look. I only meet his gaze for a brief second before I have to look away. Not answering him.

"I know it was you, you know, earlier at school." His voice is low and I shift in my seat. "Why did you bump me, Sarah?" His question is innocently asked, however the look his giving me sends a burning fire through my body.

"Why?" I hiss in disbelief. "Why? Why the fuck do you think?" I shriek and I know I am loosing it.

"We don't have any commitment towards another, Sarah." Jack's voice is patient and he gives me a stern look.

"Oh fuck you!" I scream and exit the car, slamming the door as I go.

"Sarah!" Jack calls after me, but I just continue to walk up the lawn.

Unlocking the door, I hastily throw off my jacket and shoes. I feel like breaking something, like Jack's spine for example.

"Sarah, wait." Jack grabs my arm before I can walk up the stairs.

"Let me go, Jack." I hiss at him, his grip only gets tighter.

Alright, that is it; I have had enough of him. In one smooth move, I sample his foot, jerk my arm free and punch him in the stomach. Hard.

"Argh! You fucking bitch!"

"There! Maybe that gives you an idea of how you hurt me today!" I scream and then run up the stairs into my room, locking the door as I go. Throwing myself on my bed, burrowing my head into the pillow.

"Sarah!" Jack has followed me up the stairs and is hitting the door. The noise makes me burrow my head deeper into the pillow and I close my eyes hard, trying to keep the tears in.

Why am I so upset?

Do I really like Jack that much?

No.

I couldn't.

I shouldn't.

I will just end up getting hurt, like now.

How can I have been so stupid?

I actually thought I meant something to him. I should be awarded with a price for the being the biggest idiot on the planet.

"Sarah!" Jack bangs his hand against the door again, I just ignore him. "Dammit, Sarah!" He bangs even harder, making it impossible for me to ignore him.

"Go away!" I shout, tears streaming down my face.

"Not until you open this door!" Jack shouts back. I don't answer.

I have no idea how long I lay like this, sobbing into my pillow, before I hear a sigh from Jack. Indicating that he has given up and I hear his footstep dissolve down the stairs.

Rolling over to my side and weeping a bit more, I feel utterly sorry for myself.

~

Jack
Fuck.

That was not the reaction I was hoping for from Sarah. Making out with other girls usually makes the girl I want, wanting me more. I wanted to bring out the jealous side of her; instead I only made the gap between us bigger.

Fuck.

What the hell am I supposed to do?

I am not used to dealing with crying girls and it is not like I can do anything while she is locked inside her bedroom.

Man, this sucks.

I throw myself on the sofa with a thud and switch on the TV. Trying to ease my mind off the weird feeling I have about Sarah laying upstairs, crying. I believe it is guilt, still I am not sure. Either way I don't like the feeling, it is making me uneasy.

I am used to have girls crying over me, but never in my lifetime have I been the one taking care of them. There is usually some friend around do to that.

How the hell am I supposed to make this right? And how the hell am I supposed to win that bet? The last thing Sarah wants right now is to be close to me, obviously, since she locked herself in.

This fucking sucks.