Chapter 65

Sarah
"Hi."

I look up as a girl with long, wavy, auburn hair sits down next to me. I have seen her in this class earlier, however she has never made any attempt to talk to me before. I have probably seen her outside class too, but it is not something I remember.

I figure since she hangs out with people that... well, let's just say that they aren't in the same social area as me. Most of her friends I refer to as 'bitches'.

Nah, only kidding, I don't call people names unless I have a reason to and those girls have never given me a reason. Even though they are considered bitches by many, Keira for one.

Although she considers most of the school population to either be bitches or jerks, including me as you may have noticed, she really is a lovely person. I believe that the only reason that we are friends is that we are childhood friends and have stuck together since we were in diapers.

"Hello." I reply the girl with the auburn hair. I believe her name is Cam something, however I am not sure. Maybe it was Camilla?

"Sarah, right?" She looks at me with a friendly smile. Unpacking her bag, taking out her pencils.

"That is correct." I tell her with a smile of my own. "Uhm, I am sorry but I don't know your name." I admit shyly.

"Cameron." She says with a clear voice and holds out her right hand. "Nice to meet you."

I take her hand and shake it, she has a firm grip. "It is nice to meet you too." I tell her and then we sit there awkwardly for a minute. I start to pluck at my pencil, removing some old paint from its shaft.

"So," she says, breaking the silence, clapping her hands on her thighs. "How's it going with your painting?" She nods towards my painting in front of me.

"Good, it's going good." I tell her. "However I cannot really get the yellow color that I wish to have on the bird's neck and head." I start babbling about my painting and gesture my ideas that I have. Cameron is actually very easy to talk to and the class passes in what feels like ten minutes.

"Alright everybody! Start packing up, class is over." Our teacher tells us with a loud voice. Feeling somewhat disappointed I start to gather my things.

"I wish we had more time, I really enjoyed spending time with you." I tell Cameron sincerely.

"Me too." She says and then disappears to put her painting in the room where we let them dry. "I was thinking," she continues when she returns. "Would you like to do something this weekend?"

"I'd love that." I answer with a grin.

"Awesome." She grins back.

As I make my way to my last lesson I get a text from Jack.

Can you meet me in the main building?

I send back a text, saying that I will and start making my way towards the main building. I wonder what he wants.

~

Jack
"Hey." Sarah greets as she comes up to me where I am seated in one of the sofas. This is one of the main areas where students can hang out. There are some other people as well, but they aren't paying attention to us.

"Hi." I reply, standing up.

"What's up?" She asks, obviously curious about my text.

"I am going to Daniel's now, so you'll have to drive home alone today." I tell her, holding out the car keys. "Do you think you are able to manage that?" I tease her.

"Of course I can, silly." She rolls her eyes.

"You never know." I tell her with a shrug of my shoulders.

"Shut up." She laughs, poking out her tongue at me.

"Mature." I remark, lifting my brows.

"That's my middle name, you know." She kids with a grin.

"You should take a class in proper jokes." I tease her.

"And you should take a class in proper behavior, but we can't always have what we wish for."

"Alright, while you are trying to act like a grown up, I am out of here."

"Say hi to you dick friends from me!" She calls out after me.

"Sure, kiss the teacher's ass extra well today from me, will you?" I call back and receive a glare in response.

"Uh... Jack?" She stops me in my tracks before I can leave. Lifting my eyebrows in curiousity, I turn around to face her once more.

"Yes?" I encourage her to carry on.

She looks rather shy and lets her gaze fall to the floor, where she is kicking at the ground with her feet.

"Would you mind coming home a bit earlier so with we can hang out?" She mumbles barely audible.

I believe that she is quite nervous about my response, she is probably expecting me to blow up about this. However this time I will not do that. To be honest, my heart swells a little bit at the fact that she is looking so hopeful about the fact that we might spend time together. I did not realise that it meant that much to her.

"Sure." I tell her easily with a smile. Before I turn around to leave, I catch the smile that spreads across her face. Sometimes it is real easy to make Sarah happy.

I meet up with Daniel at the parking lot. He is waiting by his car, leaning against it and smoking a cigarette. He looks up when he hears that I am approaching.

"Hey, man, took you long enough to get here." He remarks, flicking away the cigarette.

"Shut up, Daniel." I huff at him and punch his arm.

"Just sayin'." He laughs and punches back. "So, ready to go?"

"Sure, the sooner the better." I tell him and get into the car. Dan does the same and the car roars to life. Soon enough we are out on the road and into the city.