Chapter 58

Sarah
I wake up Monday morning feeling great, I haven't felt this good for quite some time. I can't seem to wipe the dopey grin of my face as I get ready for school. I don't really have a reason for my goofy mood, except that this weekend has been the best.

Everything has gone incredibly smooth between Jack and I, we didn't argue once. We only had small disputes, but they don't count. Not if you compare them to our real big fights.

Feeling as if I am walking on cloud nine, I skip down the stairs and head into the kitchen.

Mum is sitting by the breakfast table and so is Jack. I just want to run up to him and kiss his cheek, too bad mum is in the room.

"Good morning." I smile cheerily and pour a cup of tea.

They both greet me good morning and I sit down at the table, still with that silly grin on my face. I get eye contact with Jack and he shakes his head, wearing a small smirk, at me.

Mum also notices my cheery mood. "What are you so happy about?"

"Nothing in particular." I smile and take a bite of my sandwich.

"Really?" Mum says amused with a suspicious glance at me.

"Hmph." I nod with my mouth full. The rest of the breakfast is spent in a comfortable silence and soon enough Jack and I are heading to school with me behind the wheel.

Jack can say whatever he wants about my driving but I still feel more comfortable behind the wheel than next to it.

~

"Hey Jack?" I break the silence that has been around us all morning, for some strange reason.

"Yeah?" He looks over at me as I cut the engine.

"Um, can we talk before class?" I ask and fidget with an invisible spot on my jeans.

"Sure," he smiles at me, but exits the car.

"I was thinking in here." I say quietly after he has shut the car door.

Feeling my happy mood sink, I follow Jack out the car. At first I'm thinking that he already has forgotten that I want to talk, since he is heading towards the main building.

Nevertheless he stops half through the parking lot, where there's no one around. I can see his friends in the distance though and it looks as if they are on their way here.

"What did you want to talk about?" Jack asks and brings us both to a halt. He is giving me a curious look.

My mood is still going downhill and I believe that it's because we haven't had any time for ourselves today. I haven't even touched Jack and frankly he doesn't seem as disturbed about it as I do. Which bothers me deeply. Call me obnoxious if you want to, but when it comes to Jack, I believe that I have fairly good reasons to be.

"Well, I wanted to talk about-." I don't get to finish my sentence.

"Ey, Davis! Are you coming or what?" I believe that is Miles calling out for him and I groan internally.

"Look, I have to go. Can we talk later?" Jack flashes me one of his gorgeous smiles and I think some of my insides just melted.

"Uh, sure." I answer with a weak smile back.

"You know where to find me." I point out and Jack gives me a nod, plus a wink before leaving me for his friends. I smile as he walks away and as soon as he's gone I drop it.

What the hell was that? You know where to find me? Ugh, could I get any lamer?

Sighing I too start to head towards the school building. Get your shit together, Sarah.