Chapter 16- L.A Devotee

I felt so great after school. I still don't know if Knox and I are official, but I love spending time with Knox with being able to hold his hand. I know it seems silly, but I just love holding his hand.

"Hey Elena, you got any homework?" Brendon asks as we get home.

"Not today"

(Don't you fucking dare)

"Wanna meet me in the studio to work on the album in, let's say, 10 mins?"

My eyes shoot up. We haven't really written more than like 5 songs yet, and I really wanna help.

"I'm gonna go get my bass and guitar, and then I'll be at the studio." Brendon says as he walks away.

I quickly grab my journal, pen, my acoustic, and a soda. I run through the backyard and into the studio. I have to actually run fast, Bogart and Penny weren't actually allowed in the studio, and neither was I till this point.

"Oh Elena! I'm glad you're here. I wanted to know if you can help me on some lyrics..."

-Time Skip cause I'm too lazy to write-

Now, the album has about six songs.
Victorious, Hallelujah, The Good The Bad and The Dirty, DTMWAGT, Emperor's New Clothes, and Crazy=Genius.

I was so happy that I got to contribute to every song. However, Brendon said he wanted at least 10 songs, so we were not done at all.

"So the name Death of a Bachelor, how did you come up with it?" I question as I mess with my guitar.

He chuckles, "I didn't, LOLO did..."

"You mean, the Miss Jackson girl?"

"The girl who sang? Yeah."

I try to contain my fangirl screams. I realize that I fangirl too much for being adopted by Brendon Urie.

"I thought it fit my life right now. I've gotten used to being married, and now I have a kid. I'm no longer the clubbing guy picking up girls every other night. Seems like the bachelor part of me died. The bachelor bein someone who isn't settled and just has no sense of seriousness."

"That's, that's deep....."

-Hey yeah how u doing yeah this is a time skip-

Within the past 3 hours, we finished writing 1 song. Doesn't seem like a lot, but compared to Brendon's past working timeline, that's a lot.

We finished writing the main album song, named, you guessed it, Death Of A Bachelor. We really tried for the theme of 'just letting the change happen' in the lyrics. We also tried to give off the feeling of love, which Brendon said is something he's been feeling a lot lately.

"I want this song to have more of a Sinatra feel ya know?"

"Yup, you love your Frank Sinatra, Brendon." I laugh as we begin to figure out the sound of this song.

Eventually, we had all the vocals, bass, percussion, and the digital background music done.

"It's missing something." Brendon worries.

"Yeah, the Sinatra feel. I mean, the vocals kinda give it off, but it's missing something important..."

"THE JAZZ FEEL. WE NEED HORNS."

We went straight to work.

Brendon didn't really know how to play any brass instruments, so horns and bass, courtesy of yours truly.