e p i s o d e | t w e n t y - t w o

Sawyer left the room to get food, and Valentine and Benji haven't returned from their shopping spree

Sawyer left the room to get food, and Valentine and Benji haven't returned from their shopping spree. Left all by myself, I suddenly realize how bored I am. I used to be able to entertain myself just by reflecting on my life, but I'm slowly starting to understand the importance of having people around me. I call Rowan out of monotony.

He doesn't answer the phone, but there's a knock on my door only a second later. When I open it, Rowan immediately barges inside with a rather victorious smile on his face.

"Why did you call me, when you're right across the hall?" he asks.

I frown at him. "Did you forget about Kai? And why did you just storm in here? What if the others were still here?"

"Then I would have made up a story and left," he says, shrugging. "Also, I don't think you'll have to worry about Kai anymore." I can't tell if that's smugness on his face or just content.

"Why?"

He bites his lower lip, before hastily slurring, "I told Kai."

"What?" I exclaim, not sure I heard him correctly.

He lets out a sigh. "I told Silver that we're dating."

I think the inside of my head nearly bursts open with horror. "Rowan!" I nearly screech at him, plopping down on my bed. "Are you serious? Why would you ever do that?"

"He knew we went out together, and he wasn't happy about it. That's the only way I could explain the situation!" He shrugs, as if it's the most natural thing in the world, and then sits down next to me. "Needless to say, he didn't take it well at first, but after some convincing ... I think he'll grow to accept it."

I scowl at him. "Seriously? He'll never accept that."

"Oh, he will." Rowan has a cocky half-smile on his face, which I can't seem to decipher. "Don't worry."

I press a hand to my forehead. "I cannot believe I wasn't the one who told Kai. How am I ever going to face him after this?"

Rowan purses his lips in a pouting expression. "I'm going to start getting offended every time you start worrying more about Silver than me. Don't tell me you're still in love with him."

My cheeks start glowing with heat. "Don't say that!" I snap, smacking him on the arm a little too harshly.

He rubs it with a puzzled expression on his face. "What the hell? I didn't know you were that strong. Geez."

"I'm sorry." I instantly feel bad, and put my hands where I'd hit him.

Rowan suddenly grabs one of my hands and stares into my eyes. "Promise that you're not more in love with Kai than you are with me?" he asks, his voice lowered.