Check-up

--------------------------------------------
Izaya's pov:

"Izaya...Izaya!" I woke up to the sound of shizu-chan. I slowly sat up and rubbed the sleepiness out of my eyes. "How are you feeling?" He asked a bit concerned. I yawned and tried to process what was going on. My eyes were having trouble adjusting to the bright light that radiated through the window. "What time is it?" I asked in a tired tone.
"6:38 am. Pretty early huh?" He asked while giving me a heart-warming smile. Why shizu-chan? Why are you doing this to me!? "Come downstairs and eat some breakfast. You didn't eat anything since last night." He spoke while getting up. Honestly speaking, I didn't feel hungry at all. I don't know why. "I'm not hungry." My voice came out quieter than I had expected. He looked towards me with a frown and sighed coming closer. Before I knew it,  he lifted me up and started to walk downstairs. "Shizuo, I told you that I'm not-" "listen, izaya. You have a check-up at shinra's today and I don't want him thinking that I didn't take good care of you, so just be a good boy and listen to me for once."  He explained ever so calmly.

Shit! Today's a check-up!? Why didn't I know about it any sooner!? I can't let him know that I've been cutting myself again!!! "Izaya? Izaya!" Shizu-chan's loud voice snapped me out of my deep thoughts. "You spaced out. What's the matter now?" He asked while pouring  some juice into my cup. "N-nothing." I quietly answered. I need to avoid this check-up no matter what! "S-say shizu-chan?" "Hmm?" He looked towards me with a questioning look. "How about we postpone the check-up? I don't think I have the stamina or health to go all the way to shinra's place."  I tried to come up with an excuse. He nodded and sighed. " in that case, ill carry you." He spoke ever so boldly. "Excuse me?" Was all I could say. "I said I'll carry you. I don't mind." He sat down next to me and started to eat. "And start eating your food or I'll stuff it in your mouth if I have to." He said a bit irritated by the fact that I wasn't even touching the food. I slowly gave in and started to eat. How am I gonna explain myself now!?  Damn I'm in dead trouble!

"C'mon flee, lets get going." With that said, he picked me up and carried me out of the apartment bridal style. Everyone and I mean the whole fucking city was staring at us. It was so embarrassing. Whispers and gasps could be heard with every step the protozoan took. All I could do was hide my face in his collar so that people couldn't see me blush. I gave a sigh of relief when we reached shinra's apartment but at the same time tensed up. How am I going to explain the new cuts I made on my arms.

The bartender knocked on the door that soon opened revealing the usually happy-go-lucky underground doctor. "Ah~ good morning you two~ come in" he spoke happily. He motioned me to sit down on the arm chair while shizu-chan sat on a nearby sofa. "Sooo, izaya-kun?  How have you been lately?" He asked while sitting down in front of me. "Fine, I guess." I replied rather nervously. "Good, good. Alright then, may I see if your wounds have healed by now?" Shiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttt!!!!!!!! I'm totally done for!!!

"T-there fine! No need to check." I replied trying my best to keep calm. Shinra gave me a questioning look and sighed getting up. "Alright izaya, you made me do this. Shizuo, hold him down." He ordered. "Whaaaatt!? What the fuck!? I said I'm fine! Leave me alone!!" I shouted trying to struggle away from shizu-chan's grip, but to no avail. Shinra slowly rolled up my sleeves and sighed once more. "You've been cutting yourself again haven't you?" He asked while examining my cuts. "N-no I haven't!" I defended myself. "Izaya you have to stop all this nonsense or you're gonna end up cutting a vein that really matters!" He spoke half-heartedly. "Shizuo, you're not taking proper care of him. Be more careful!" He spoke a bit harshly to shizu-chan. I expected him to be pissed off and talk back but...he didn't. Instead he stayed cool and nodded to whatever Shinra was blabbering.

When the underground doctor went to go get some medication, I looked towards shizu-chan and our eyes met. He wasn't angry, nor was he irritated. Instead, he looked...worried? He slowly got up and made his way towards me, standing in front of me. I was about to say something until I felt him ruffle my hair gently. Honestly, he really surprised me. He got closer to my face. I felt myself heat up like a fireworks.

"From now on, If you ever even LOOK at a blade with the intention of slashing it across arms or wrists, mark my words. I will personally make sure that you never get out of bed again. Understood?" He whispered ever so calmly in my ear. But his words weren't calm at all!! "And what if i do? You're gonna beat me up?" I whispered back a bit aggressively. "Beat you up? I never said that." He smirked. "How the fuck else will you keep me from moving out of bed then, dumbass?" I grinned. But his smirk widened...i don't like it. "Say izaya, when I say 'personally make sure' what's the first thing that comes to your mind?" He asked not once looking away from me. Hmmm let's see.... as soon as I realized I could tell that a huge blush had spread across my face. "Shizu-chan! You pervert!!" I shouted. Shinra looked at us in awe then shrugged and bought the medication over. What is wrong with this man today!? Seriously!!

-------------------------------------------------------------