Unintendid

---------------------------------------

Shizuo's pov:

I woke up in the middle of the night for some unknown reason only to find izaya not next to me anymore. quickly gettting up, i checked all the rooms. It panicked me even more when i saw the front door of his apartment open. Could he have gone outside? Why would he go outside...unlesss....SHIT!!!! I rushed up the stairs that lead to the building's balcony at the speed of light. When I reached the top, my eyes widened in shock as my whole body paralyzed with fear. There stood izaya, at a very dangerous edge of the building falling forward.

"IZAAAAYYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!" I screamed running forward and grabbing his wrist before he could fall. He had his eyes shut tightly as constant tears streamed down his pale face. I quickly pulled him up and embraced him with all my strength. His eyes widened as he stared at me with disbelief. "Sh-Shizu-chan?" He stuttered. His voice was light and raspy because of being choked up in his throat for too long. "L-let go!" He suddenly pushed me away, but I didn't release him. "LET GO OF ME!!" He shouted struggling to get out of my grip. "How? How can I let go of you for even a second knowing you're going to go kill yourself behind my back? ARE YOU INSANE!?" I shouted back at him. He sniffled lightly then looked up at me. His face was pale as tears stained his cheeks. His crimson red eyes were full of tears of sadness and regret. He gave a small smile and nodded. "Yea...I guess I am..." with that he suddenly reached into into his pocket and pulled out an ever-so-familiar switchblade, slashing it across my arm making me flinch. He took this opportunity to slip out of my tight grip and run back to the edge.

"I'm sorry shizu-chan. I can't take it anymore! It hurts! It hurts!!" He cried. I slowly got up and took a few steps towards him. "Listen izaya. Everything's gonna be alright. You're gonna be alright, okay? I love you don't I? Please just listen to me this once and change your decision, I'm begging you!" I kept my voice from cracking and kept the tone as normal as possible, even if I was panicking like crazy from the inside. "Come here, izaya." I spoke ever so softly while opening my arms with a warm smile. "I....I'm sorry Shizu-chan..." he smiled even wider yet his tears wouldn't stop from falling."...But there's no going back now..." and with that he fell backwards.

The scene flashed so fast that I couldn't even scream. My body went cold when a 'cracking' sound was heard along with a couple of screams and gasps. I rushed down to the end of the building and exited it only to met by a horrific sight. There laid my precious izaya, in a pool of his own blood, a small smile still visible on his lips.the sight was too much for me to bare. "IZAYA!!" I ran towards him and picked his limp body up in my arms sprinting towards the underground doctor's workplace. I ran carelessly through crowds of  random people. this can't be happening! He can't leave me! I won't let him leave me! I WONT ALLOW IT!!!!! When I reached I didn't bother to check in , just busted the glass doors down. Many nurses and doctors came rushing towards me and thankfully one of them was Shinra.  "Shizuo? What the-" " No time to explain! Do something fast!!" I shouted. he nodded and took the informant away from me towards the emergency room. People whispered, some even stared, but one glare from me was enough to make them all shut the fuck up. I sat down on one of the empty chairs and took a deep breath...I couldn't do it... I couldn't prevent him from falling...how could I let this happen? I was suppose to protect him! Where did I go wrong!? What did I fail to understand!?

The 4 hours that passed felt like an eternity to me. I was so madly and helplessly in love with him that I couldn't imagine a world without him anymore. I stood up immediately as Shinra walked out of the room. "Shinra, h-how is he? Is he alright?" I stuttered. The possibilities that were forming in my mind were endless. The underground doctor looked down and sighed. "He's alright Shizuo...it's just that..." he stopped. "What? What is it!?" I spoke impatiently. He sighed and looked up at me with a frown. "There's...there's a possibility that he might have...lost his memory..." he said lightly patting my shoulder. I fell to my knees and finally let the tears I had been holding in for so long roll down my cheeks.

"H-how?" I barely managed to choke out. He crouched down next to me and spoke. "The injury to the head was severe. If there would have been any more delay, he might not even be alive right now." He sighed. I nodded and collected myself from the ground. "Can I see him?" I asked, hope present in my tone. "He's still unconscious, but I don't see why not." He nodded. Before going inside, I looked back at the underground doctor. "Oh, and Shinra..."I spoke quietly. "yes?" He asked confused. "Thanks...for everything." I smiled. He smiled back and nodded. I hesitantly entered the hospital room and scanned it. In the middle on the room he slept. His heartbeat was stable and steady as shown on the monitor. After every 2 seconds, his chest would lightly rise, then fall indicating that his breathing was slow and relaxed. His forehead was covered with a white bandage wrapped tightly around it with a little bit of red staining the side. His arms were wrapped up in bandages as well and the rest of his body was covered by a blanket. I carefully sat down on the chair next to the hospital bed and watched him sleep. How peaceful he looks.

"Izaya...I'm sorry...." I gently took hold of his hand and kissed it. "I should have been more careful, more cautious. I promise, from now on, I'll take much better care of you-" my words trailed off as his beautiful crimson eyes fluttered open. He slowly looked around and finally landed his eyes on me. I smiled and gently caressed his cheek. "How are you feeling, izaya?" I asked in a soft tone, careful not to scare him. My smile soon faded as he quickly took his hand back and started at me with a confused expression.

"Who are you?"

----------------------------------------------------------