Unstable

--------------------------------------------

Shizuo's pov:

I woke up in the morning to the sound of water running. I got up and yawned, noticing izaya wasn't next to me anymore.but before I could panic, he came out of the bathroom ruffling his hair with a towel and another towel wrapped loosely around his waist. I blushed but didn't turn away. He stopped ruffling his hair and looked towards me. "Shizu-chan? When did you get up?" He smiled. I smiled back and started getting out of bed, making my way towards him, wrapping my arms around his thin waist. "Y-you perv! I'm still in a towel!" He whined. I laughed and released him.

"You got another check-up at shinra's today." I informed him while changing into my normal clothes. He nodded and started heading downstairs. "I think this'll probably be my last check-up, ne?" He gave a little laugh. I hope it is. "Come downstairs, I made breakfast today." He informed. I followed him downstairs and sat down at the table amazed at how great his cooking smelled. "Eat up fast so we don't get late, okay?" He spoke in a soft Yet happy tone. Just seeing him smile makes butterflies flutter in my stomach. It's a weird feeling. But I like it. Everything just seems so perfect, yet I can't calm down for some reason. Something feels off. But I can't quiet put my finger on it. I ignored the random feeling once more and finished up breakfast and heading outside with izaya following up close behind. The whole time we took walking towards shinra's, none of us released each other's hands. People were staring, some shocked, some surprised and some weirded out. But I didn't care. I never did.

Once we reached, I knocked on the door a couple of times and Shinra almost immediately opened the door. "Ah~ its you two! Come in!" He happily spoke as he moved aside. "Well then, izaya go sit on that arm hair and Shizuo you wait over their." He instructed. We both nodded and followed. Shinra smiled and sat down in front of izaya. "Now then, let me ask you some questions, alright izaya-kun?" He smiled. Izaya nodded. "Alright then, how do you feel right now?" He asked. The informant thought for a moment before answering "happy?" He smiled. "Good. What makes you so happy?" He asked. Izaya blushed and looked towards me, causing me to blush as well. Shinra looked at both of us and quickly analyzed the situation."oh! I get it. That's great." He laughed. Izaya just gave a nervous smile and nodded. "Just a few more questions, a checking of your wounds and you're off the hook for the day." Shinra spoke. Both of us agreed.

"Hmm, izaya-kun? What were you to do if Shizuo left you?" He asked out of the blue. Izaya froze. It even looked like he stopped breathing for a minute. "I-izaya-kun, are you alri-" " He can't. He can't leave me. He can't betray me! I-I don't know what to do if he did...! I-I need him by my s-side o-or else I'll-" he stuttered and started shaking as fresh hot tears streamed down his pale face. I quickly got up and rushed over to him, pulling him into a tight embrace. "Izaya calm down. I am never gonna leave you, ever! Don't do this to yourself." I pleaded as he started sobbing loudly. Shinra quickly rushed over to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water, then handed him the glass. He shakily drank the water and rested his head on my chest still sniffling lightly. I gave a sigh of relief. He finally calmed down. " well then, I'll just check you're wounds and let you rest for the day, ne?" Shinra smiled faintly. I nodded and sat back down with izaya still in my lap, exhausted from the break-down.

Shinra rolled up his sleeves and analyzed the cuts and slits, informing that they were healing quiet nicely. "Well then, good night you two. Umm Shizuo, can I have a word with you please?" I nodded confusingly and followed him to the bedroom, with izaya waiting behind in the office. "What is it Shinra?" I asked out of curiosity. He sighed with a frown. "Shizuo...izaya hasn't gotten any better, only worse. You realize that don't you?" He asked, the worry present in his eyes. "I don't understand what you're trying to say..." I questioned confused yet shocked. "All I'm saying is that...izaya's state of depression is worse than before, the only thing that's gotten better are his cuts. He's highly unstable. And now that you two are together...there's a 90% chance he might lose it if you aren't there by his side for even a minute." He spoke in a worried tone.

My eyes started watering and my chest felt tight. I can't bare the thought of losing him. I can't let him lose himself again! "I...I won't let that happen! I'll take care of him. I'll be there by his side. I'll give up my everything but I won't let him lose himself...!" I screamed in a whisper. His eyes widened for a bit, but then he smiled and nodded. "I believe in you. I know you can cure him." He gave a warm smile and we started walking back to where the informant stood confused. I smiled and took hold of his hand, waving goodbye to the underground doctor before heading outside. "What did Shinra want to say?" He asked curiously, and I of course answered with whatever came up in my mind as an excuse "uh...use protection?" I answered without thinking, then blushed when realizing what I had just blurted out. The informant looked away and mumbled some unexplainable words which I couldn't understand. His ears were red though, so I could tell he was blushing like mad. How adorable. I'll cure him for sure. I won't let anything happen to him.

------------------------------------------------------------