Interaction

-----------------------------------------
Shizuo's pov:

"Who are you?"

That sentence was enough to pierce through my heart and tear it into a thousand pieces, yet I still hoped that Shinra  was wrong. "Izaya, it's me. Shizuo." I tried to keep my cool. Just then Shinra walked in. "Ah! I see you're awake. How are you feeling, izaya-kun?" He asked politely. "i-izaya? I don't understand..." the raven started to panic. Shinra motioned me to leave the room so he could handle the situation. I didn't want to leave but left anyway for the sake of izaya. After about 15 to 20 minutes Shinra called me back inside. I hesitantly entered the room and sat back down next to the informant who now wasn't looking as confused as before. He looked towards me with a somewhat innocent expression then quickly looked back at Shinra.

"Now then, izaya-kun, this is Shizuo. He's well...a good friend of yours?" Shinra hesitantly introduced me. "He's scary!" Izaya whispered to Shinra silently, But I heard it anyways. "Well then, you two talk for a while and clear things out and I'll just leave for the time being." The underground doctor spoke with a smile and left the room. I sighed and shifted my gaze towards the hesitant yet nervous raven. He looked kind of adorable though. He nervously turned towards me " so um...how close were we?" He asked, a hint of hesitation in his voice. "We were pretty close." I sighed. "What's my job?" "You're an informant." "What's your job?" "Im a bodyguard." "Are you married?" "No." "am I married?" "No." "do I have kids?" "I just told you you're not married!" "Are you a sadist or a masochist?"  "Excuse me!?" His questions were starting to make my head spin. Literally. He was acting like a 2 year old who just learned how to talk."What's my last name?" "Orihara." "What's you're last name?" "Heiwajima" "that's funny." He laughed. "Oh shut up." I snapped. He's starting to piss me off somehow.

"What time is it?" He asked looking around for a clock. I sighed and looked at my watch. 6:30 in the morning. No wonder I was feeling so tired. Looking around the hospital room, I spotted a black couch. I sloppily made my way towards it and plopped down. My eyes started closing immediately.

Just...five.......minutes......

I woke up to the loud sound of glass breaking. I quickly shot up and scanned the room, only to find glass scattered on the side of the informants bed and him trying to pick it up. I quickly rushed over to him and picked him up, setting him back down on the hospital bed. "What the fuck do you think you're doing, flea?" I questioned rather aggressively, though I didn't want it to come out that way. He looked up with yet the same innocent expression. "Um..trying to pick the Brocken glass shards?" He answered hesitantly. "Don't. You're gonna get yourself a cut, okay?" I sighed and kneeled down to the ground, starting to pick the shards up, getting a few cuts and slits in the process.

I disposed of the glass and turned towards the now depressed informant. I sat beside him and patted his head gently. "What's the matter?" I asked in a soft tone. He held my hand that now had many cuts, "why are you so kind? It makes me feel all fuzzy inside...I can't shake the feeling that we were more than just close friends." He spoke while clutching his heart a little, indicating that his chest felt tight. I laughed a little. He's still my precious little izaya after all. "Well, don't let it bother you too much. Say, how did that glass break anyway?" I asked out of curiosity. "Oh. I was trying to pour a glass of water but the glass slipped out of my hands because of the bandages, so I drank the water directly from the jug." He smiled. I laughed once more and nodded. Maybe there's still hope. Maybe he can regain his memories. And if he does, This time, I won't lose him.

Just then Shinra walked in with that usual huge smile plastered to his face. "I have good news. Izaya-kun should be discharged from the hospital in a matter of a few weeks." He spoke. I gave a sigh of relief and nodded. It's nice to hear some good news in a while. "So...you'll go home till I'm in the hospital...right?" The informant asked with a hint of sadness in his voice. I smiled and gently caressed his cheek. "No. I'm gonna stay, right here by your side until you're out of this place." I replied. His eyes widened a bit and a huge blush spread across his face. So cute. So innocent.

--------------------------------------------