Lies

---------------------------------------------

Shizuo's pov:

It's been a few weeks since I bought izaya back home. He's not making much progress. Every time I think he remembers something, he forgets in almost a second. Is that even normal? "Shizuo, where are we going today?" The innocent raven asked rising from his deep slumber. "Were heading to shinra's today, you have a check-up with him." I replied while dressing him up in his usual black v-necked shirt and black pants. "But we do that every weeeek~ I don't want to shizu-chaaaaannn~~!!" I was about to avoid his whining until the last part of his sentance caught my attention. "Did you...just call me shizu-chan?" I asked, hope finding its way into my heart once more. He blinked a few times then made a confused face. "Um...yea?" He scratched the back of his head in confusion. "What did you mean by it?" I asked in a hopeful tone. "I-I don't really know, it just...slipped outta nowhere..." he shrugged. I sighed. He does this sometimes. He says things that he used to say but has no memory of it.

Without a second to waste, we headed straight to Shinra for his weekly check-up. It's the same as every time. He asks izaya questions, izaya can't answer them. He gives izaya some weird type of medicine then tells his to come back next week. We're not gonna get anywhere like this. "Hey Shinra, what's that weird medicine for?" I asked out of curiosity. He stopped dead in his tracks and looked at me with a shocked expression. Did I ask something weird? "It's for...well, ya know...um.." his stuttering made me suspicious. "What's with the sudden stuttering Shinra? What's the medicine for?" I asked a bit louder this time. He turned around and refused to answer me.

This pissed me off. I stood up and walked up behind him. "Shinra, I'm not gonna ask this again." I started to raise my voice. "What. Is. it. For?" I asked in a threatening tone. He sighed and turned around. " that medicine is basically for amnesia. If izaya get his memories back...he'll surely try to do something like that again. I...I've been giving him this medicine to keep him in such a state so that...he doesn't remember." Shinra sighed.

I froze. This is why izaya hasn't been making any progress! That's why he has no memory of what he says and that's why he's been getting worser every week. How could Shinra do this. I trusted him...but I guess I was wrong. I never should've trusted him with izaya's condition! "I-I can't believe you! I put my trust in you, depended on you and yet here I am finding out that YOU were the one that was worsening my izaya's condition!?" I shouted, not caring if anyone heard me anymore. I was pissed. Rage filled my mind. "Shizuo please understand. I have a reason." He looked down. "WHAT REASON!?" I shouted. "I can't tell you...I'm sorry...!" He shut his eyes tightly. "YOU HAVE NO FUCKING REASON DO YOU!!??"

A sudden small tap on my shoulder snapped me out of it and I looked back to see a terrified izaya. "W-what's going on?" He asked, fear present in his voice. I sighed and gripped his hand tightly, pulling him out of shinra's apartment and back to his. He kept asking me 'what happened' Or 'what were you saying' but I was too pissed to answer him. I can't believe it. A person I trusted so much...was trying to destroy my hopes. "Shizuo what's going on!" The informant finally snapped once we reached the apartment. I just pulled him close to my chest and hugged him tight. "I'm sorry izaya...I'm so sorry...!" I kept repeating while gently stroking his hair. He seemed confused but hugged back. "Shinra was giving you medicine which was preventing you from regaining your memories. I'm sorry I didn't notice earlier." I sighed. I almost lost him completely once again. If this went on any further then Maybe... he'd never remember. I need to be more careful.

"Shizuo." The raven softly spoke. "Yea?" I caressed his cheek. "I won't give up. I'll remember everything. But till I do, please don't leave my side." He smiled warmly. My eyes widened and I held back a couple of tears. "I'll never ever leave you side again...I promise...!" I held him tight. Though everything seemed okay, I couldn't  help but feel like we were being watched.

----------------------------------