Prologue

One Year Later

Morgan

A year later and things were still going well for us, for the most part. My babies were one now, and I was growing more in love with them everyday. My husband was still by my side, and my family understood our decisions and why we did some of the things we did.

I had a lot going on. I was working a lot with the adoption agency. I felt it was necessary to give back, and I loved seeing the smiling faces of them every time. Jacob helped by donating to an organization I started.

I still modeled, but it was at a minimum. I had to spend more time with family, and enjoy their company.

"Good morning lovely." Tiffany smiled walking into the office. I was busy planning a holiday event for the kids.

"Morning baby girl. How was your event planning with Tracy?" she sighed, but soon smiled.

"It was good. But Mr.Potty Mouth had something bad to say about everything I liked." I laughed and continued my work.

"Don't men always? You'll be fine."

"You're right. But anyways how are my god babies?" she squealed. I smiled and went to a text message that Jacob had sent to me over my lunch break.

"Look at this." they were eating breakfast in their high chairs. Jadie had the food all around her mouth.

"Pancakes with daddy." Tiffany smiled. My babies brought so much joy to my life.

"I nearly cried. But anyways you know its been a year since Devin's been put in jail..." I looked out the window and put my hand to my mouth.

How did someone I trusted with almost everything in me hurt me? In the worst way. I was so violated, I was a wreck after the rape.

"It has. I still remember the day you went to court. I wanted to kill that bitch Dee too."

"I haven't spoken to her either." I felt upset with her still to this day. She was so upset at Devin's sentencing. But I honestly felt no remorse for it.

"Put her in the same room with me for one minute. It'll be a wrap." Tiffany snarled with such attitude.

"Yeah, but I'm gonna leave. I think I have something to take care of."

.

.

.

"You can follow me this way. I need all of your things ma'am." I handed the guard my purse along with my jacket before following him down a long hall.

It was very quiet, and dull. The walls gave a feeling of sadness and anger. I approached the booth and waited patiently after hearing a buzzing sound. Moments later I was staring at the man who hurt me in the first place. The reason my whole life changed, and I started to believe everything that everyone had told me.

I picked up the phone and hesitated to speak. Honestly I didn't know what to say to him. He was staring into my soul.

"Hi." I stated. Uncertainty filled me within, in a matter of seconds anything could go wrong.

"Hello." he looked up and I stared into his bright brown orbs. He had stubble all over his face, even side burns growing. I noticed just about everything about his physique had changed.

"How, how have you been?" I asked. He sighed and nodded his head.

"Alright." I was so disappointed. He threw his whole life away. He dismantled our friendship all the while.