I Need

The ride to the hospital was crucial. Morgan had to be seen as soon as possible. In the ambulance the EMTs did what they could to sustain her medical needs. One wrong move, or even one thing that they missed could mean her or the babies death. Jacob sat back in fear, watching as they did all they could to help her. She was losing blood rapidly.

"Tell them to have that operating room ready STAT!" the female EMT screamed as the ambulance traveled even faster.

All the while Jacob's hand was holding Morgan's. He was nervous and the workers could tell. It was truly tragic to see an incident such a theirs.

"Hey, hang in there. We're gonna do the best we can." the woman comforted as he nodded before they pulled up to the hospital.

Jacob sat back as they pulled out Morgan laying on the stretcher, she was slipping and needed to be worked on immediately. After making it inside the hospital, Jacob was asked to wait in the viewing area. There he could see what exactly was being done to help Morgan. Meanwhile, the doctors had multiple tasks: safely deliver the baby, removing the bullet from Morgan's chest and stopping the bleeding before she was gone.

"We need to perform the Cesarean now."

As they worked time was slipping. Carefully opening her stomach they were able to get the baby out with no hassle. A female doctor smiled pulling out a healthy baby girl. The time was 12:25 A.M on August 28. Jacob's heart was softened as he watched them clean the baby and get back to Morgan's needs. After stitching her back up, it was time to remove the bullet. They tried to keep her heart rate stable but she was constantly slipping in and out. The doctors had to come to an agreement on the fate of her life. She had to be placed in a medically induced coma. Due to her body almost shutting itself down that was the last resort for the doctors as they raced against time to save her.

Jacob still stood watching as they carefully removed the bullet. It was lodged in her chest, not too far off from her heart. Just a little bit longer and Morgan would've died. Feeling a tear stream down his face, Jacob thought it was the appropriate time to let everyone know of Morgan's condition. He smiled hearing the cry of the precious baby girl that they created. Above all else that was going on right now, it was the one thing he was grateful for right now.

Watching Morgan being transported out of the room he walked down til he reached the door where he looked to see her cleaned up and being moved down the hall. He wanted answers, and more than anything to know the state of his wife.

•••••••••••••••••

I was still on edge. Watching Morgan lay on the bed, almost lifeless crushed me. I wanted so many damn questions to be answered now. A woman tapped me on my shoulder and it startled me. I blinked a few times to get the damp feeling from my eyes. I was crying, and all though I wasn't afraid to let it show I was almost positive she had some news to share with me.

"Mr.Latimore, we have a few matters to discuss. If you would just follow me this way." she gave a slight smile and I nodded proceeding to follow her down the hall.

We reached the nursery. She asked me to place on a suit, along with a mask before following her inside. From there, we made it to a private room. I smiled at the small baby girl before me, Madison. I began to get emotional again. She gently placed her into my arms.

"Are you ready to name her?" she asked as gentle as possible. I nodded looking to my daughter. She most definitely had Morgan's beautiful hazel eyes. Her head was already full of soft, silky hair.

"Madison..Dawn Latimore." her smile widened as she looked to me. Madison started to move a little, just looking up to me with her innocent eyes.

"Thats beautiful. Way to go Dad." I chuckled a bit and stood holding her for about five minutes or so, just talking to her. "If you're ready now, we can go down to the ICU unit where you can learn the status of your wife. I can take you there. We may be able to bring the baby down there in the morning." I nodded and planted a kiss on Madison's forehead.