Crying Out For Me

Morgan

"Morning my princess." I looked down at a smiling Jade. Her grey eyes glistened in the light, her rosy cheeks blushed red.

"Morning mommy." I kissed her forehead and sat her on my lap. The baby was between us and she looked down, just staring for a while as I checked my phone.

"You hungry baby?" I questioned. She nodded and I decided that I would take up Aliyah's offer for breakfast. After getting Jade ready, I did so for myself. My hair was getting back to its normal length again. Braiding it into two braids, I started to apply a bit of makeup. I heard Jade calling me from the room and walked out to her, she pointed to the tv. I guessed the show she was watching went off.

"Mommy mommy." she whined. I walked over and changed to something different before going back to what else I was doing. Moments later we left the house and headed to the restaurant Aliyah wanted us to meet at.

"Be a good girl while we're here and we can go somewhere later okay?" Jade smiled and I did the same as the receptionist walked us to the table.

"Morgan! How are you?" Aliyah greeted with a wide smile. Her hair was bunned up and she was dressed in a flowing top and leggings. Her heels were gorgeous, I looked down admiring them before hugging her.

"So good to see you again Aliyah, you look beautiful. This is my daughter Jade. Say hi to Aliyah Jadie." she waved shyly and Aliyah picked her up from my arms and surprisingly she didn't put up a fight.

"She is so precious. But look at you! You're the beautiful one." we sat down and soon I saw a familiar figure pop up from around the corner.

"Hey Mario, how are you?" I exclaimed standing up. We hugged and he squeezed me tight before sitting down.

"Good and you, I didn't know you were coming hea'." I looked to Aliyah who smiled faintly.

"It was last minute y'all, I just thought she would want to come." we ordered our food and conversed while we waited.

"So how have you been? I see your bump right there." Mario asked as I drank my orange juice.

"I've been holding up, me and Jade will be down here for a little while."

"Oh really? I thought it was just temporary." Aliyah commented. I nodded and looked over to her in the high chair she was in.

"Well, its just that Jacob and I are working things out." I admitted staring to my beautiful baby beside me.

"Oh Morgan, I'm so sorry..."

"Its okay Aliyah, we're just separated right now. No divorce or anything." I faked a smile and watched Mario staring to me with concerned eyes.

"You're alright though?" he touched my hand and I nodded. He was a sweet heart. I continued to talk and soon our food came.

"So, at least you'll be working down here right?" Aliyah asked breaking the silence.

"Yes! For maternity wear too! I'm really excited." I clapped my hands together and a smile formed on my face.

"Mommy." Jade whined. I looked to her plate noticing her pancake needed to be cut a bit more. Mario smiled her way and I watched her smile back. Teeth showing and all.

"You say hi baby? Remember Mr. Mario?" she nodded and continued to eat as I returned to my food.

"So what else do you plan on doing down here?" Mario asked.

"I'm not sure. It'll just be me and this kid when its not time to work."

"We could hang out, give you something to do around the city." I smiled. It gave me something to actually look forward to.