Dirty Laundry

Jacob

The next morning I woke up to see her still there. Rubbing my eyes, I even closed them and tried opening to envision her being awake. I missed her already, and I was longing for her to wake up again. Yawning I looked to my phone to see few missed calls and emails. I stepped into the hall to handle a few calls and things like that. The main being from the police. The incident was under investigation, and there was no telling as to how long that would take. I called my mom to check on the twins who were begging to see their mother.

"Hey baby, you sure you want me to bring them on up there?" Ma asked. I wanted them to be here.

"I'm sure. I know they can't understand right now but I want them to see their mother."

"Okay Jacob, I'll be up as soon as I can. You need something, anything?" her voice cracked softly.

"No ma'am. I'll see you guys when you get here." and with that we had hung up. Surprisingly, I was handling this situation way better than I thought I would. I had to stay strong for everyone else to show them that there were going to be better days ahead. I walked back to the chair that I slept in just a few hours ago.

Morgan laid there, motionless. I clutched onto her hand, it was slightly cold. Just seeing her this way made me feel some type of way. I couldn't fathom how hurt I was right now. Starting to hear the door creak open I looked up to find Mario. He walked inside slowly, not taking his eyes off of her. I watched him take his shades off and sit down a vase of orchids.

"Sup man....?" he asked lowly putting his hand to his mouth. I simply shrugged, not knowing what to say.

"Nothing much man. Just trying to figure out how..how this happened." I knew we had our differences in the past but I could see that he was putting it aside.

"I just wanted to come by and see her. I'll give you your space though. I know good and damn well its not easy." I smiled partially in his direction.

"I appreciate it. She'd be happy you stopped by." he nodded and stood there for a few more moments. I watched him rub her hand and how he pulled away so slowly made me feel as if she wasn't here. At all.

"I think she would too. I feel bad for kind of, just blowing her off these past couple of weeks..." Mario admitted looking to me before walking to the window. I put my head down, thinking about how Morgan and I had been experiencing smooth sailing the past couple of weeks. "I just, pushed her away all because I didn't know how to handle my feelings for her."

"Feelings...?" I trailed off watching him nod.

"Yeah, I told Morgan I loved her. And I don't think that was the right thing to say. I love her as a friend. She was someone I could really talk to and trust man. You got a keeper." he croaked looking to the bed.

I was certain that he probably thought I hated him by this time. What I understood was that I was lucky. It must have taken him a lot to have said that to me. With him being so famous, and me too it was hard to not be in the public eye. I remember the countless rumors being spread about he, Morgan and I during our separation. And as of now they were all over this incident too. It was completely scandalous.

"I see that. Thanks for stopping by man." I stood up and dapped him, in return receiving a hug.

I was left in the silence of the room once again as I sat just pondering. A subtle knock came from the door, shaking my thoughts. I allowed them to come in and was happy to see the twins, my mother along with nurse Trista and baby Madison. I stood to my feet quickly approaching them.

"Daddy!" Jade smiled. I bent to her level, pecking her cheek and watching her eyes roam the room in anticipation. After kissing Mekai also I looked to my mom. The slight bags under her eyes made me worried that she hardly had gotten any rest the night before.