Put That On My Heartbeat: Part O n e

Morgan

I woke up with his strong muscular arms wrapped around me. Although I loved the feeling, I knew it wasn't going to be like this for long. His bare chest was pressed against my back as we laid together. Slowly, I felt him adjusting himself before getting up. I rubbed my eyes, feeling the sunlight peeking through the room. The white walls were bright and I finally got up to pull back the large curtains.

"Good morning." Jacob spoke in a groggy morning voice, making me weak while standing.

"Good morning Jacob." I began to walk out of the room before feeling him wrap his arms around me. I smiled instantly, his lips pressing against my neck.

"Lets cook breakfast, and talk." he suggested holding onto me from behind. I watched him walk in front of me placing his hand out as we walked down the large staircase together.

"How about you cook, and I talk? Mama is tired." I sighed laying my head on the island. He laughed and smiled my way.

"Okay, so you know April 15th is almost here." he walked around the kitchen grabbing things to cook.

"Yes sir, I know exactly what that is." I fiddled with my fingers looking around. I mean how could I forget?

"So whats up with that? Wanna go somewhere baby?" I melted hearing him call me that.

"Can I think about it? What's the media gonna think?" he turned around stopping and looking to me.

"You know I feel when it comes to that. Screw that mess." he shooed with his hand before placing the biscuits in the oven.

"Yeah I know, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Even though it'd make three years." I couldn't believe I was even talking like that myself.

"Morgan Gabrielle."

"Jacob O'Neal." I stated before waddling to the fridge for some water. I twisted the bottle open, chugging before sitting down.

"Look, lets just talk about our future as a family over dinner. Friday, please?" he pouted although I knew he was serious.

"Okay Jacob. I'll go to dinner with you." I smiled and shut my eyes as he ran over to me squeezing me and kissing my forehead.

"Baby steps, okay? Not going to pressure you to rushing into things after so long..."

"I appreciate it." I tucked my hair behind my ears. He smiled over his shoulder while walking back to the stove.

"You like how I did that huh?" he asked laughing as I did the same. It felt like we were never separated. But thats what confused me. Were we going to get through things and pretend none of it ever happened? Or after this is over, leave and not even attempt to work through this.

"Behave for Ms. Aliyah guys, okay?" I kissed Mekai, Jade and Kaleb before Jake did the same.

"I'm sure they'll be fine. You guys enjoy your night." Aliyah smiled before waving to us as we walked out of the door. I couldn't help but to look back at my babies as they stood at the door.

"Relax, they're in good hands. I'm sure Aliyah won't have trouble. You know how our kids are babe." Jacob opened the door and I sighed before smiling. He was right like always.

"So can I ask where we'll be going? At least." practically I was begging, Jacob was always one to surprise me.

"Just this one time. Since you've come around...a private dinner by the beach." I smiled biting the inside of my cheek as I tried to hold in my excitement.