Next Breath

Please remember to comment (: thank you.

Jacob

Tour was most definitely helping me to cope with all the pain. My fans, were beyond supportive. During most of the meet and greets some of them would tear up and tell me to stay strong. I was surprising myself even being here. It had been about a month since Morgan's accident. Today I was supposed to be hearing from the police down in Florida. Why it was taking them so damn long to figure out what happened, I dont't know. But it was pissing me off.

"Hello, is this Mr. Latimore?" I answered my phone stepping out into the hall.

"Yes, this is him speaking."

"I just wanted to inform you that on behalf of the Miami Police Department, we're terribly sorry for the accident involving your wife, Morgan Latimore."

"Thank you, I appreciate it. Is there anything new in the case?" I asked, wanting for him to get to the point. I wanted to know so desperately as to what exactly happened. I know that someone was watching us.

"Uh yes, actually we had Alix Lapri in custody. Along with Justin Martin." I felt my mouth gape open. Justin Martin? My boy Justin? Couldn't be. Why on earth would he do that to me? We were close as ever.

"A-are you sure? I think y'all made a mistake." I laughed slightly, it felt like now more than ever I was beginning to realize who was really there for me.

"I'm quite sure. She asked him to fire the fatal shot. She's been taken to a rehabilitation center for her mental needs. He's been placed in jail. We know for a fact that this is their work." I shook my head in disbelief. This made me want to be back in Florida right now.

"Alright. I really appreciate this."

"You're welcome. Just keep an ear out for us incase we have anything else to alert you on."

"Thank you. Bye." I pressed the end button on my screen and sighed. My life was throwing things at me left and right. This by far was one thing I was not ready for.

As of now, I was in New York with Dig. Our tour wasn't as large as we originally had intended it to be. Due to Morgan's condition, we changed some locations & cut out a few shows. 20 cities was what we were working with. As of now, on number 15. I walked back into the lounge room that Dig had rented out, a few of his friends sat around as we drank and smoked on some cigars. I was in dying need of something to relieve some of this stress. Taking a 5 Vegas Gold from the box, I carefully lit it as Dig helped me out a bit. I inhaled, slowly taking it in before watching the smoke escape my lips.

"You alright homes?" Roger asked. I nodded and sat back, not wanting to be bothered by anything to piss me off.

"Just found out some shit that, really set me off." I admitted. I watched Dig turn to me, arched brow and all.

"Like what?"

"Justin fucking Martin. He shot my wife man." he smacked his hand against the table and stood up.

"Niggas ain't loyal. Alix already crazy, so I mean theres nothing to do for her." I nodded in agreement. Never did I think that I'd see the day when my friends became my enemies.

"Had me all fucked up. You know what, imma call Morg right now, and let her know." I violently dialed her number. I watched Dan try to say something before pulling back and looking to me. I felt my eyes burn realizing Morgan wasn't going to answer. She wasn't awake.

"Hey, you've reached Morgan. I'm sorry I couldn't get to the phone. Leave me a message and I'll get back to you when I can. Bye!" She blew kisses into the phone before I heard the tone indicating that I could speak.