Switch It Up

Morgan

I was currently at lunch with Danielle & Justice. Today was a bit monumental, I had to take the twins to daycare. I was a tad heart broken at leaving my babies at a center all day long. At least I knew they were in good hands, and learning things comprehendible for their age. It wasn't just any daycare, it was for toddlers to elementary school, so they'd be going there for private school too pretty soon.

I sipped from my drink slowly looking at the TV across the room when Dani shook me from my thoughts.

"Morgannn." she smiled in front of me. I pouted before we all laughed.

"Cut her some slack, she misses the twins. Trust me, I was the same way with Sarai." Justice said, she actually was the one who referred the academy to me. Sarai, her baby girl went there.

"I'm sorry y'all. I'm just thinking about them like crazy. I know they're in good hands though." I smiled as our food arrived. The sweet smell of the California Club sandwich and fries before me made my stomach get excited. I knew I could only eat like this every so often because I'd be working again soon.

"So have you guys heard the latest news about the agency?" Danielle asked dipping her chicken strip in honey mustard. We both shook our heads.

"No, I haven't talked to my agent in forever either." Justice admitted tapping her fingers on the table.

"Well, they are starting a mentor program for some teens who want to pursue this field. My agent told me a few days ago."

"Really? So did she say when we'll start with them?" Danielle shook her head.

"All I know is, they could be local, or in another state. It depends on who wants to work with you."

"I better not get a stuck up little bitch. I swear I will go off." we all laughed at Justice and continued eating. I sat wondering who actually admired me...and wanted me to be their mentor.

"I wonder who looks up to us though, as models." I found myself saying continuing to eat.

"I'm pretty sure whoever we do get, we'll like them." Danielle smiled and I nodded, hoping those words were true.

After eating and talking for another hour or so, I knew I had a few more places to go before I headed to the center to get the twins. I had to go see Devin. I already scheduled it where I could actually sit with him this time. It was only because I knew that nobody else was coming here to see him. I know what he did to me was wrong, but he still was good in his heart regardless of how sick he was.

The guards instructed me and a group of others to remove all of our belongings, before entering the small room. It was filled with metal tables, and benches that wrapped around them. I found one making myself comfortable. Or at least comfortable enough considering the situation. Soon we heard a bell and in walked the inmates. The guards unlocked their handcuffs and shackles, before checking them and letting them walk over.

"Morgan, how are you?" he asked with a wide smile. I nodded and saw he looked on the bright side today.

"Good Devin. What about you?" I asked flipping my braid over my shoulder. He shrugged and nodded.

"Good and bad. I make it through though. What brought you back?" he questioned. I looked to him and sighed.

"I don't know...and I know its stupid."

"It shows you care." he corrected. "The only one thats been here to see me was Dee. And she came to break up with me." I scoffed and shook my head. "But other than that, I can't stop you from seeing me. Don't you think its weird though? You should be hating me." he laughed.