Chapter 23.

When you can't get enough of Mingyu's orange hair.

<Mingyu's pov>

School starts today and I am so not ready. I was staying over at Wonwoo's apartment for the past few days before my mom called me yesterday evening and yelled at me to come home, if not, I'm grounded. Like seriously, who the hell grounds their 18 year old adult anymore? And yes I am an adult. If I get grounded, I won't be able to see Wonwoo as often anymore since we're of different years, that's definitely a no for me.

Dragging my lazy ass out of the house was tough, my mom had to literally shove me out because I was just that slow.

From: Wonwoo <3
Good morning!

My energy is suddenly back. I feel so alive!

To: Wonwoo <3
Good morning to you too!
How was your night? Slept well?

From: Wonwoo <3
Yea it was an 'okay' sleep.
How about u?

To: Wonwoo <3
Had trouble sleeping.
U were on my mind
MISS YOU 😘

From: Wonwoo <3
Omg u sap.
Well, see u in school

Well that was meaningful.

~

<no one's pov>

For Mingyu, just seeing Wonwoo at the locker in the morning gives him enough energy to last the entire day. But no, don't forget that Mingyu is a little greedy kid that wants Wonwoo all to himself. So, during lunch time, Mingyu waited for Wonwoo outside his classroom.

Right when Mingyu spotted his hyung walking out the classroom with the crowd, Wonwoo spotted him too. The younger was jumping and waving happily across the sea of people. Even without the younger doing so, Wonwoo would still have spotted him since he is basically a giant, not to mention his handsome features. His smile is so bright that it can be compared to the sun, it is almost blinding and sometimes, Wonwoo feels that he needs a pair of shades when looking at Mingyu so that he doesn't go blind.

"Wonwoo-ah, I bought some cake! It's really good!"

Wonwoo smiled gently at Mingyu, following to sit with the rest of the clique: the club members. Everyone sitting together having small chats amongst themselves, obviously the 'jicheol' couple in their own little world.

"Oh! Cake! I want some! Wonwoo-hyung, can I have some?" The maknae Dino pointed out. and now, all eyes are on them. They were the eyes of a pack of hungry wolves, ready to pounce at their prey, in this case, the cake.

"No! I got this for Wonwoo!" Mingyu cuts in, whining like a kid.

"Awwww~" everyone cooed in unison.

"Mingyu is so sweet!" Jeonghan exclaimed, "my boy is all grown up!" Tears welling in his eyes as he holds a sniffle. Jisoo at the side helping to wipe the tears away as it flows out of Jeonghan's eyes like waterfall. This dramatic scene caused the entire table to turn and look at the couple in disbelief (the jihan couple).

Wonwoo and Mingyu both blushes at that statement made by Jeonghan, causing them both to look away quickly only to start fidgeting with whatever that was present in their hands. When the members saw this, all of them started laughing at how dumb the both of them looks being all shy and stuff.

~

After long hours of listening to lectures and other boring stuff, it was finally over. Mingyu is packing his things when he noticed a pink envelope place neatly underneath his desk. He slipped the envelope into his hands and inspected it front and forth, checking if he could find out who its for and who its from.

'To: mingyu' was written on the back of the envelope, who would've guessed (sarcasm). Confirming that it is his, Mingyu carefully tears the envelope open, trying his best to no rip the contents inside.

After safely retrieving the contents of the mysterious envelope, Mingyu opened the piece of paper fully to reveal its hidden content. The note was written in neat and small handwriting, so small that Mingyu almost wanted to take the magnifying glasses from the teachers table just to read it's incredibly tiny words. Nonetheless, Mingyu squinted hard enough to be able to read it.

'Please meet me after class at the back of the school's Cherry blossom tree. I have something to tell you.'

Mingyu stared at it in confusion, unsure of whether to meet the person or not. Another reason why Mingyu was hesitating was because he promised to hangout with Wonwoo for the rest of the day and that Wonwoo would be waiting for him at the back gate (since it is where they always enter by).

'I guess Wonwoo wouldn't mind if I was a little late.' He thought to himself. 'I guess I'll just text him just in case.'

To: Wonwoo <3
I'll be late!

~

Mingyu spotted a girl standing under the Cherry blossom tree that he was requested to meet the mysterious person.

"H-hey, are you the one who wrote that letter?" Mingyu asked, approaching the girl.

"A-ah, Mingyu-ssi, I thought you wouldn't come." The girl said shyly, a blush forming on her cheeks.

"So, What did you want to tell me?" Mingyu questioned.

"I... I like you!" The girl blurted out, her cheeks now a deep shade of pink. "I've liked you since the start of the year, since I first saw you walking into the school gates."

Mingyu stood silent, listening attentively to the girl. He doesn't want it to come off as rude, but he really does not have any interest in this girl.

"Will you go out with me?" The girl finally ask.

"Um, I don't think I quite got your name..."

"It's Sohye." She added shyly.

"Ah, Sohye, you're from the same chemistry class right?" Mingyu said, "I remember you."

"I'm sorry, I'm really flattered that you like me, but I can't." Mingyu continued, "I already have someone else in mind."

"O-oh." Was all she could say.

After a moment of silence, Sohye finally said, "can I hug you? So that I can get over you easier?"

"Okay."

And then, they shared a hug. Sohye was crying.

Small droplets of water started falling on them, forming tiny splashes as they hit a surface.

'Oh, it's raining. I better get to Wonwoo.' Mingyu thought.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N
Well this is a long ass chapter.
Ahhhhh Mingyu rejected sohye. Does this sounds familiar to anyone? A pink note, behind the school, Cherry blossom tree, confession... no? It's Yandere Simulator! yea yea!?!? No? Oh wells ¯\_()_/¯
Hope you've enjoyed this!