Untitled Part 6

Ponyboy's POV

Something sure is off with Ryder. I know we just met her like two weeks ago. But where was she the past two weeks? And Dal? Well, he was at jail since we knew he was suppose to meet us at the race 'bout an hour ago. So went to the station to see if he was there and turns out, we saw him and Ryder there. She was in cuffs and Dal wasn't, it should've probably been the other way around. She was also talkin' to Dal, which I didn't mind.

"Hey Ponyboy!" I heard, I looked around to see Ryder running up to me. She walked next to me and looked ahead of us. "So, what's a drag race again? I kinda forgot." She asked. She doesn't know what a drag race is?!?! Man, she's got a lot to learn and we have a lot to learn about her still.

"Well, ya got two cars or more and you race 'em. You have to go down the to the finish line and who ever is there first, wins." I told her. She nodded and looked around. "Y'alright?" I asked her.

"Yeah. I'll be back." She said. I shrugged my shoulders and watched the drag races from the sidelines. Soda and Steve were flipping out about cars, Two-bit and Dally were in one of the cars to race. Two-bit wanted to drive, but Dal took the wheel because he said that he could drive better and way faster and make us win. Johnny walked up to me and I didn't notice him until he put his hand on my shoulder and asked me something, which I missed because I wasn't paying attention.

"What was that?" I asked turning to him.

"That girl... Ryder. She's different, don't ya think? And Dally ain't mean towards her for some reason." He said quietly. I nodded.

"I think she is, but we don't really know her. And I have noticed her and Dally talking. But what I can't figure out is that where she was for the past two weeks." I said. Him and I continued to watch the races and wait until Dal and Two-bit went.

Ryder's POV

I left Ponyboy because I saw some action heating up over by the food stands and some old cars. people were hanging around having a fun time, so I decided to let loose and have some fun while it lasts because I won't be able to hide this forever. I saw Angela and I walked up to her, she was filled with excitement once she saw me. Guess she got out early too.

"Hey Ryder!" She exclaimed. I stood by her leaning against one of the cars. I knew i had to go back in a little to the others, so I was gonna talk to her quickly before I had to go back. She was here with some other people, couple boys and some girls too. "This is my older brother, Tim and my younger brother, Curly." She said.

"Nice to meet ya." i said and shook their hands. "So you guys racin' tonight?" I asked.

"Yeah, we're racin' by Winston and Matthews." Tim said, I nodded.

"Cool. I'll cheer ya on if you're beating them." I said. "But I ain't friendly, so you get this or nothin'."

"Woah, sassy one Angela." Curly said.

"Yeah, she's my friend. So leave her alone, chump." I was laughing with them, then I saw Ponyboy from a distance with Johnny. They were shaking their heads as they saw me, I didn't bother to leave just yet. But Ponyboy came over and took my arm, dragging me behind him.

"Let me go, Ponyboy. What's the deal?" I asked.

"The deal? You're hanging around one of the worst greaser gangs there is around town. Curly's been to so many reform schools and Tim's seen the inside of a jail so many times he can walk around that whole place blindfolded. And Angela, don't get me started. Just stay away from 'em." He said and we were by the others now. I was a little upset, he's a little too cautious. But he also doesn't know that I am worse then them, he doesn't know about my old life and I don't know about his or his friends' lives either.