Fooling Around

Soda's POV

Steve, Two, Dal, Johnny and I were just watching what ever it was that was going on outside. We had just gotten back and they didn't see us come in. We sat by the window and watched, the window was open and we heard everything.

"Look, I know we needed to talk. But why did you really leave here a couple years back and why didn't you tell us about that Rumble, you could've died!" Pony told her, she just stood there looking at him.

"Man, this is good. Wait until one of them blow up!" Two said.

"Shut up, Two-bit! They'll catch us!" I said.

"Why can't you listen, Ryder?! Why do you gotta be this way? You can easily tell me or the any of the guys what floats around that head of yours. We're here for you no matter what, we didn't give up and we won't." Pony said.

She talked to him for a little. Then I turned around when I heard a thud. The thud came from Steve, he fell off the chair he pulled up by the window. He was getting up and he held onto my chair that sat next his. I was barely even sitting on my chair and when he pulled himself up, he slipped and pulled me down and we all knocked each other over. The only who didn't fall on the ground or get crushed by a chair was a laughing Johnny. Dal and Steve were on the bottom with Two and I on top. We were all laughing and then Darry came in. He had the face of 'don't bother to tell me what's going on.'

We placed our chairs side by side and looked out the window again, we missed what ever they said before and now they were yelling at each other. We watched attentively together to see what was going on between them. Man, eaves dropping is so much. I should do this more often.

"You're not going out to rob another store. But the blade, you've got dough. Ya gotta stop stealing!..." She cut him off by kissing him. MY jaw dropped, I looked next to me and all their jaws dropped. What just happened?!?! He just stood there looking at her and she did too.

Before POny could say anything, she put her finger over his lips to shush him and she said. "To get ya to shut up" They stood there for another long while staring off into space, then she left to go steal another blade and I could see the anger my brother's eyes.

"Shoot, he's coming!" Johnny said.

"Move!", "Get outta my way!" or "Ow!" was said from the five of us as we pushed our chairs from the dinning room table onto the floor and we ran to the living room, running to couches so it looked like we were here the whole time. Johnny and I got one, then Dal and Steve got one and Dal had pushed Two to the ground. We tried not laughing so it didn't look noticable, but he saw us when he came in the house and asked what we were doing and when we got here.

"Hey, I live here just as much as you do." I told him.

"I'll take the same answer as Soda." Steve said.

"Yeah I am welcomed here all the time." Two-bit said. Pony sat in Darry's chair and looked at us.

"Where were ya?" Dal asked.

"Outside" POny said, the five of us eye balled each other and we had the faces of 'un hun'. Because we knew what he did.

"You gonna ask her out on a date?" Steve asked him. We started to laugh, we tried holding it back, but couldn't.

"What do you mean?" Pony asked.

"Don't play, Ponyboy. We all saw it." Darry said walking into the kitchen. Ha! Even Darry saw him get kissed by Ryder. Pony got up and came over to me, he started to 'punch' me. It didn't hurt because he throwing punches like a little kid. Man, Ryder's better then him, but then again she's better then half of us. Ryder walked into the house and we all looked at her, I pushed Pony off me and he fell on the floor.