Problems

Days have gone by and we haven't spoken to each other, maybe a hi or bye. That was it and I assume the others noticed it too because Darry had pulled Pony into another room and they were there talking for a long while, 'bout an hour and I had time in that time to get myself out of there before I get into trouble by one of these. I also haven't see Dally in awhile now.

Pony and I haven't spoke and it kinda bugged me because I think I like it better when him and I were fighting or yelling at each other. Or even maybe that one time on the train where I actually listened to him speak. Things are so awkward now and I don't like it all. I walked to my place, I had rented a place with a couple other kids. They were around the same age as me and we all pay rent together to pay for the house and stay here. We have our own rooms, two girls share a bathroom and then the two boys share one.

We're only four people, I am on the second floor with the girl and the boys are on the first. I've been here for two weeks now and on every Friday these guys sit around a table and play board games, talk or just hang out. I went to the kitchen and grabbed what ever that was there and brought it to my room. We usually all just buy food, stuff it in the fridge and anyone can eat it. The girl's name is Courtney and she's 17. The boys' names are Brody and James, they're real good friends, they play hockey and football. I've watched them and Courtney play a couple times together. I can run around now and do gym and sports. I have a scar on my stomach and forehead, but it wouldn't matter because no one will ever see it.

"Hey Ryder, someone's here for you!" Brody yelled from downstairs.

"I'm busy, tell them I'll see them tomorrow." I said. I also have a job working at Buck's. I work from 3:30 to 10:30 at night and I work four days a week for now, this gives me enough money to pay for rent, food and some other stuff like clothes or what not.

My door busted open and Soda appeared at my bedroom doorway, Brody stood behind him and shrugged his shoulders and left back down stairs. I got up from putting my uniform on and getting ready to leave anyways.

"This is what you've been doing?" He asked, he shut me door and sat at my desk looked at me as I tied my hair in a ponytail and then bringing my hair to my shoulder.

"Yep, now if you'll excuse me I have work." I told him and left my room. He followed me downstairs and out the door where he still followed me out the door, he was talking fast and I had no clue what he wanted. "Calm down, Soda. What is it that you need?"

"To make up with my brother." He said.

"Look, I understand that you're protecting him. But he did it to me. I didn't do anything." I told him as we turned the block and walked down the same street Buck's was on. it was about two minutes down the road from here. I stopped, looking at my watch and saw I had ten minutes until I have to get there.

"He's sorry, he's sorry that it made you uncomfortable or upset. Just talk to each other so everything goes back to normal."

"I gotta go Soda. See ya tomorrow." I told him and left to Buck's. He stood there shaking his head and then running his hands through his  hair and looked at me, then left down the road to his place.

I walked into Buck's and went behind the counter and into the staff room to put my stuff on my shelf. I put my apron on and got ready for the long night. Its usually packed here and when  it is, it's tiring and then with all the guys on top. I just make some other waiter or waitress take that table for me even if it is my area.

Couple hours had gone by and it's about 8:00 pm now. Buck called me and I went over to him. He handed me a tray of drinks, mostly beer and a couple cokes.

"Table 6" He said. "And be kind." He said. He says this to us all, but mostly me. He knows that I've changed a little and haven't been bad in two years, so he trusts me enough to not tear down his business. I walked out from behind the counter and went to table 6.

Guess who was there when I got there? The Curtis boys and the rest of the boys too. I set the drinks down to where they wanted them and left, but Dal stopped me.

"Could I get some fries, Ry?" He asked.

"Sure. Anything else you guys would like?" I asked. I'd rather say something mean, but it didn't really matter because they were gonna make me talk. Ponyboy was here and he talked to Johnny the whole time and the others looked at me.

"Want anything, Pony?" Darry asked his brother. Pony didn't bother to look up and he asked for something.

"Sure, just get some tacos or something like that and I'll share with Johnny." He said. I wrote tacos on my notepad , along with the other stuff that they all need. I walked back into the kitchen and hung up the piece of paper and then stood by the front counter, the bar. Because the bar was my job along with some other girl. Her and I got bar because we would attract people and what not.

"Levesque!" I heard. I walked out back to where one of the waiters were and he handed me some trash. I walked outside with it and I saw a girl standing outside, it was Angela.

"Angela?"

"Hey, when you done?" She asked.

"10:30, why?" I asked.

"Well, there's a party or something down town and everyone's gonna be there. Wanna join me?" She asked.

"I guess, I got nothing better to do." I told her, she nodded and left running into the darkness and I returned inside. I was out there for a little and my order was ready to bring to the guys. I walked back with their food and set their food down in front of them.

"Can I get you guys anything else?" I asked.

"Yeah, some ketchup!" Soda called and looked at me. I nodded and told them that I'd be right back. I came back with Soda's ketchup and then Steve pulled me into the seat and I was now squished next to him and Soda.

"C'mon guys. I can't fool around." I said.

"We're not, you're just sitting with us." Dal said.

"Very funny, but I gotta go before I get fired and blame it on you guys." I said.

"What time you done?" Johnny asked leaving his conversation with Pony. He looked at me and I looked at him for awhile until Two snapped his fingers in front of me.

"looking at something amazing?" He said.

"What? No, I was in the stars." I said.

"Sure you were." Johnny said, I hit him and then that hit came back to me from Dally. He didn't like us touching Johnnycakes like that. I got up and got out of the seat after the guys wouldn't move to let me out, so I climbed over top of them and then I shoved ketchup on their faces for being rude; Soda, Steve and Dally's faces.

I walked back into the kitchen and Buck told me I could take the night off since one of the girls were gonna train a new kid tonight. They wanted him to experience what it is like at night I guess. I left the building and went to my place, got changed and left for the party Angela was talking about. I ran down the street in the coldness of the night and then I got to the party area and saw so many people.

"You're early!" She said.

"Problem with that?" I asked. She shook her head and handed me a beer. She was drunk, like really drunk. I knew I probably was going to be drunk tonight and then on a bad hangover tomorrow morning. I won't be pretty tomorrow.

By the end of the night, I was drunk and I was almost as bad as Angela.