Ryder

Ryder's POV

It's been a couple days since I've been out of coma. I've been here in this basement for so long. I don't know whether it's day or not. I knew I had to get out of here later on. I was thinking on my own until the door opened to one of the Sheeperds. They told me who they were and once I saw them enough, they beat me enough and told me about them. I began to remember who they were, but I still had no idea who that boy was. I just know he must've been in pain because he looked pretty beat up.

"Look who's awake." She exclaimed. I was mad at her for putting me here and almost killing me when she set the whole lot place on fire awhile back.

"Been up for awhile and I would've been awake a whole lot more if you didn't mess up my head." I snapped, she slapped me across the face.

"Look, I know you like Ponyboy Curtis. But stay away from him. He belongs to someone else. Back off from him and don't try to make anything worse or else your gang will be in danger, along with you." She told me.

"I don't like him and if I did it wouldn't matter. Who wants him anyway?" I asked quietly.

"Cherry Valence." She spoke.

"The soc?" She nodded and stood up. Tim came down here and he started to beat me. It looked like he didn't want to hurt me, but he had to or he wanted to beat me. He started to punch and hit me, then he took out a 2x4 and started to hit me. Once he was done hitting me, he and Angela went up upstairs, shutting and locking the door.

My hands are still tied together and I had to leave. But my body was so weak from not eating for  along time. I've had water, but very little and I was on the verge of dying or something.  I looked at my arms and my torn up jeans from being beat so many times, they've riped by knees and shins. I looked like some person whose been living out on the street or in the woods for so long.

I had rope around my arms still and they were tight. I didn't know how I was gonna get out of here if my hans were tied together. I leaned up against the wall and waited. Why me? Why was I a target now? I don't know why or what I could've possily done that these three people hate me and want to ruin my friends' lives and then mine because I'll have to suffer because they're upset. I took my mind off things and closed my eyes. I just sat there, with an empty mind and let what ever float to mind.

3 hours later...

Couple minutes ago I heard the door upstairs slam shut and people walk on out that door. I knew this was now my chance to leave. I stood up and had to figure out a way to get my hands free from the wall. I didn't know what to do, so I yanked on the rope to try and pull it off of the post. It finally tore from the post, but my two hands were tied together and I couldn't untie them my self. I walked towards the stairs and made my way up.

I got to the front door and took a deep breathe. I opened the door and ran outside. First time I ran in a long time. I got to some lot or something, I decided not to go there because it was too close to their house. So I made my way into town, I got stares from people and I didn't really care. I got to some place called the Dingo. I sat outside the back door and looked up at the night sky. 'I'm finally free' I thought to myself. I can do what I want now and I have to watch these people who apparently called my friends so the Shepperds don't get to them first because I don't need people to die or get hurt.

I leaned against the wall and closed my eyes, not falling asleep. But enjoying this, enjoying the fresh air and peace. I didn't have to suffer beatings or hearing people yell and scream at one another. I could just relax for once.

Dally's POV

Steve, Two-bit, Johnny and I are walking around not doing much. We're on our way to the Dingo to have a drink and talk or do something other then sit around doing nothing all day. Plus Darry, Soda and Pony are at the hospital. They released Soda couple days ago and Pony is leaving tonight. Turns out he just sprained his ankle real bad from the accident. He'll have a scar on his head, but you won't see it because it'll be partically covered by his hair. He has his cast on his arm still too and it will come  off soon. But for now, he's gonna be sitting down for awhile until he can walk on his foot again.

"Look!" Two-bit said and pointed to the wall of the Dingo. There was just sone garbage bags and a person sitting down leaning against the wall, probably asleep too because they weren't moving.

"Its just some trash." Steve said. I agreed with Steve. BUt Johnny was curious, he walked over to the person and we stood here as he walked up to them. I heard him gasp real loud from afar.

"Johnny!" We called. We ran over to him and I didn't notice the person until I looked better. It was Ryder! She was really beat up, her hands were tied together and she was asleep sitting there. Why is she out here and alone? Man, how could we let this happen?

"Ryder!" Steve called. She didn't wake up and so Two-bit went and shook her a little. Then he shook her and she jumped from being scared and then she went in a ball on the ground convering her head.

"You okay, Ryder?" I asked.

"Just don't hurt me." She said. Why in the hell would she think that we'd hurt her? We never did before and why would we now?

"We won't hurt ya. Just calm down." Two told her.

"How do you guys know me?" She asked sitting up and putting her hands on her lap. She looked at them and I looked next to me at Johnny. He pulled his blade out from his pockets and went up to her. He cut the rope and untied her hands. It was like he knew something, he sat next to her and held her wrists as he studied them.

"Someone had you tied to a wall, didn't they?" He asked. She didn't respond back. "You can tell us." She nodded. So that means someone took her.

"Who did it?" I asked because I was gonna kill whoever did it.

"I still don't know who you guys are." She said.

"It'll take time, you'll know us soon." Steve said. She sat there and then mumbled something, and Johnny replied to what ever she said. He said 'yes'.

"What'd she say?" Two asked.

"Asked if we were the friends someone was talking about." Johnny said.

"C'mon, Ryder. We need to get you back home." I said. She stood up and we walked with us. Man, she looked bad. We were gonna head to the Curtis house because they should be back by now with Ponyboy. She was quiet, she didn't say a word but it looked like she was thinking about something.

We walked into the door and she just stood by the door and looked around. Soda and Pony were on one couch sitting side by side watching tv. Their eyes lit up  once they saw her, Darry was in the kitchen.

"We're back!" Two called.

"You found her. Where was she?" Soda asked.

"Found her behind the Dingo. She was asleep and her hands were tied together." Johnny told them.

"What happened to you guys?" She asked the boys.

"Car accident two weeks ago." Soda replied. She gasped and covered her mouth with her hands and she stepped back looking at them.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing, Dally. But I gotta go." She said. Guess she remembers us a little since she knows my name. She left out the door, but Two got a hold of her before she could leave. She didn't even try to get free because she was so weak and she's lost some weight too. Pony was oddly quiet for some reason and didn't say a word to her.

"What is it that you know that we don't?" Pony asked looking at her.

"I can't say why. Which is why I have to go." Ryder said. I was sitting on the other couch with Steve beside me and Johnny on the other side of him. Two took Darry;s chair and she just stood there looking at the ground.

"You should get some actual sleep." Steve told her.

"Fine. But that still won't make me tell you anything." She said and sat down on the ground.

"Go ahead to one of the bedrooms and sleep, Ryder." Soda told her. She got up and left upstairs. It was silent for the rest of the night, Johnny, Pony and Steve soon fell asleep and I guess we were all staying the night. So I went ahead and fell asleep after talking to Soda and Two-bit. Darry had gone to bed before us all because he has work tomorrow.