Gotta Go

I woke up this morning perfectly fine. I can deal with a few bruises and cuts. BUt Ponyboy, he can't handle things anymore and I needed to talk to him. But he won't want to see me, so I don't know how to resolve this. But I gotta talk to Dally still about me and the fuzz. Everyone was here, but not everyone was in the living room. Johnny and Dal we're alone in the kitchen, Ponyboy was in his room with the door locked. The others were here, either talking or fooling around. I got up and as I was about to leave, Soda came up to me and told me to follow him. I followed him and we ended up walking down the road talking.

"What's going on?" He asked.I shrugged my shoulders. "Don't say you don't know because you do know. Look at us all, we're all just in our wolrds ever since this happened." He said. I stopped and looked at him, he stopped and looked at me.

"Look, I get your just looking out for your brother and the gang. I understand and can leave. But since I can't tell Dal right now, might as well tell you." I said. He stood there arms crossed and he looked amazed and at the same time worried, I guess he wasn't sure if I was gonna lie to him or not, because I've made so many lie, none of them but Dal trust me. " Police too me from my parents and they're placing me into a girls home. But thing is, I have a choice to either back to NY or stay here. There's two girls home and I get to pick either or, but I came to you guys first. But I'd be fine if you all want me to head back to NY." I said, I was gonna leave, but he took my arm pulling me back towards him.

"This is your choice and I'm fine with what ever one you make. But just make it the good ones and when you're there, let those big iron steal walls down and make friends and be yourself. You weren't your true self around us and next time, be careful because my kid brother kinda hates your guts now. He said he didn't care if the fuzz were here to drag you down town." Soda said.

"Thanks Soda. I'll see you 'round. Oh and can you give this to your brother?" I asked and handed him a note for Ponyboy. Hopefully he'll read this and if not, then oh well. I just hope it all sinks into head because he won't be seeing me for a little while. Soda nodded, hugged me and then i left and he walked back to his place.

I wonder why Soda really brought me out here to talk to him. But he told me to let my walls down and be myself. If I be myself, then I'll dead soon. I'll end up like Mikey. I left walking to some place and knew where I was headed. I was gonna go back to NY, I needed to settle things and my presence here wasn't need. I was only suppose to be here for three months, not 5-6 months. I don't mind much, because me emotions are hidden and I just care about them, nothing more. I'd say their like my brother, but only Mikey made me feel that way towards anyone.

I walked around and made my way to police station.They can just tell me what to do and then send me back to NY. Like Brimley said, I won't be forgotten, no one will care about me it won't make a difference if I were dead, they'd be probably happy if I died. I walked into the police station and didn't look back, I simply said 'Good Bye, Tulsa' and stepped into the station.

Ponyboy'S POV

"Hey Pony, I have something for ya." Soda  said as he knocked on our bedroom door. I got up and opened the door, he stepped in throwing something on my desk. "You alright?"

"I guess, I just didn't like how she lied to us all like that. I mean, she could've just told us and we would've understood her. I even told her that I trusted her 100% and now its -100%. I don't mind that she's like Dal, I just would've like the truth. Ya know?" I told him.

"I know, but I gotta go. I'll see you later when I get back." He told me and left the room, I didn't bother locking the door. I went over to my desk and picked up what he threw there, it was a letter. I opened it and I didn't know who it was from until I read a little farther then 'Dear Ponyboy'

"Dear Ponyboy,
Look I am truly sorry for hurting you the way I did and I wanna make things right between us. But since you won't come through, this was the only way to get you to listen. I figured I could write since you love reading. Anyways, I wanted to say sorry. I really am and I understand if you don't forgive me. I deserve all of it and the punch you threw at me the other night. I also wanted to say that the police gave me a choice for girls' home in Tulsa or NY. I might head back to NY. It'll be better and I also wasn't meant to be here, only for the military school. See you later, Ponyboy Michael Curtis.

~Saddie (Ryder) Levesque"

I have to stop her before it's too late and she's leaves for good. I know I am not ready to say sorry or what not. But she can't leave, she changed some of us for the better and she has to stay. I left the note on my desk and ran out door, the guys followed me and for some reason, Soda was smiling and he knew what was going on.

Ryder's POV

I sat in the office as I waited for the police to come back with stuff for me and then I'd leave in about ten minutes to go to NY. I ain't a cryer, but I don't want to leave my parents. They only know I am around because I get beat or yelled at by them and I like when I am known to them.

The police came back in and sat down, they gave my stuff and I sat in the office chair. I feel like a king, I gave them the small hard chairs to sit on. They didn't mind, as long as I stayed here.

"Here and let's get you to New York." He said. "Wanna say good bye to your friends?" He asked.

"What friends? You think they're my friends?" I asked.

"Well yeah, you've been 'round Winston and his gang of boys." Another officer said.

"Doesn't mean I'm their friends. I mean, I'm friends with Winston of course since we're kinda the same." I said. We started walking outside and I followed them to the train station, how fun! It wasn't long to get there, but we walked instead of taking one of the cop cars. I didn't mind the walk because I was gonna end up sitting on a train for a little while anyways.

"This one's yours" He said and left. The officers walked over by the benches and sat down waiting and making sure I don't run off and do something stupid. They wanted to make sure that I was gonna get on this train and make it to NY without any problems. I waited for everyone else to get on and then I did. I walked on and sat in an empty seat, by the window of course. I set my back in the seat next to me so no one would sit there. I leaned against the window and closed my eyes.

"Ryder" I heard, I must be dreaming again or hearing things. But I was wrong, I felt someone tap my shoulder. I opened my eyes and Curtis stood in front of me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. "Thought you hated me" I said crossing my arms and looking out the window. He set my bag on the floor and sat next to me.

"Look I don't got much time. But you can't leave, you mean too much to the guys. Please, can you stay here?" He asked, and now he's begging for me to stay.

"I can't. I don't belond here and i was never meant to run into to you guys. maybe Dally, but not you guys. I hurt you guys way too much and it'll only get worse from here. You have to go, Ponyboy" I said, he stood up and pulled me to my feet. This just felt awkward because he seemed like he hated me an hour ago and now, this.

"I can't. I can't leave you. You're so fragile and different and that's good." He said.

"All passengers, please be seated. Train will be leaving in a minute." The speakers said.

"I'll see one day, bye Ponyboy." I tild him and pulled him in a hug because he clearly didn't want me to leave. He hugged me back and it seemed like he was gonna cry too, "Don't cry over a girl ya just truly met." I told him and wiped his tears away. He left the train and I sat back down, leaning back in my seat sighing real loud. What did I get myself into?

The train left and departed for NY. I decided to just fall asleep and take my mind off things. So I closed my eyes and soon fell asleep after the screaming whiny babies shut up for the night.