I'm Alone

Two weeks later...

I've been here in this other  small town for awhile now. I know that I have to go back, I know that I am all over the news because I broke down and know everyone here knows me. Some people always have, but some just realised it and I don't want to go back because I don't know what will happen next. I know the fuzz is after me, people might think I am dead since I left for so long. But I am ready to return back to Tulsa, I'd say what town I am but i didn't bother looking around to see what town is was. But first, I needed to tell Dally that I am fine and where I am. I went to a phone booth carefully with the money I stole and called Buck's, he might be there.

"Hello" I heard Buck say, good thing he doesn't really know what my voice sounds like, he only really knows what I look like and he can't see me through the phone.

"Hey, is Dallas there?" I asked.

"Yeah, wanna talk to him?"

"Yeah." There was no one on the phone for a little. Then Dally spoke and I had to tell him where I was, hoping he'd keep me a secret.

"Who is this?" He asked. Gee, how nice. But then again Buck didn't know who I was so he couldn't tell Dal who I was.

"It's me, Ryder.-" I said, but he cut me off.

"Dude, you have to keep yourself hidden from the fuzz. Where are you anyway?" He asked.

"Some town and I know that I am all over the news. But I don't know what to do now." I told him. I looked out the booth and saw people there, it was the fuzz and I had to leave. "Damn it, I have to go Dal. I'll be back soon." I said and didn't hang up the phone. I bolted for my life and ran down the street, not knowing where I am going.

Dally's POV

Just as Buck gave me the phone, the guys showed up and I had no clue who it was. They all gathered around the phone and I spoke to the person and they were surprisingly very quiet.

"Who is this?" I asked.

"It's me, Ryder.-" I cut her off and I looked at the guys, their eyes went wide knowing she isn't dead.

"Dude, you have to keep yourself hidden from the fuzz. Where are you anyway?" I asked.

"Some town and I know that I am all over the news. But I don't know what to do now." She said, it went quiet for a little because Darry was trying to tell me something and I couldn't hear him all that well. "Damn it, I have to go Dal. I'll be back soon." and after that there was no response. I knew that she was probably running from the fuzz.

The thing that is bothering us all is Ponyboy and Johnny, I mean its bothering the whole gang, but mainly these two. Pony and Johnny are upset because she lied to them and didn't tell anyone about her true self. Then they got mad because they figured out that I only knew about her. But Ponyboy was so stuck by this because he likes her and I don't know what's gonna go on between them. Johnny was just happy that she was able to get him to talk now and she even told him that he could trust her. He didn't and doesn't like to be lied to. He and Pony can't trust her no more. The others were just as shocked, but they got over it rather fast. They still are hurt, but they're more concerned about her because she's like a kid sister to most of us.

"We have to go save her." Soda said.

"Why don't we just let the fuzz get her! That way she won't have to lie to us again!" Ponyboy said sitting on the bar stool next to Johnny and Two-bit.

"C'mon Ponyboy. You don't  understand the whole story like I do and you don't know the reason why she couldn't tell you guys." I said.

"Yeah, well she could tell you but not us." Pony said. He left mad and stomped out of the place. Johnny, since he was bestfriends with Pony, left the bar mad too and ran out after him. Great!

"Anyone else other them two gonna leave?" I asked.

"No, but how are we gonna get her back?" Steve asked.

"I don't know, we just gotta figure out what town she's in." Darry said.

"But how we gonna do that. She's been gone two weeks and could've went anywhere by foot." Two said. We sat here and made and or tried to figure out a plan to find her.

Ryder's POV

I ran out into the fields for my life and then thought. I kept running and running. They weren't far behind me. I've done worse and they can't do anything to me. No one and Nothing can teach me the proper way, I've had fun with Dal's gang. But they won't want me there no more, Dallas will. But no one else will.

"Stop!" One called out and I didn't listen. I just ran, I ran into a forest or something and made my way through that. I hated lying to them, I hated it so much and I know. I've lost everything, the only friends I had and I am probably going to end up in like a jail or some place for the rest of my life. 

I thought about things, how close I am or was with Johnny and Ponyboy. I changed Johnny a little for the better. He isn't as shy anymore, but he still will be scared of Socs. I saw it that night that I lost it. Jeremy had no right to talk about Mikey that way. There was nothing wrong with him, people always thought he and I were mentaly ill since we did all this stuff. But that's not it at all, we weren't raised properly and since we didn't, we turned out to be who we are right now. We didn't have the person, brother, sister or parents to guide us. We stole to feed ourselves so we wouldn't die. We fought to say alive on the streets at night, we lied so we could get away with murder. We cheated at games and bets and now look at who we are, we're useless people, a disgrace and a nobody. Like Jeremy said, if I left the world, no one would care, no one would remember me and that is how it is when you're a criminel, a theif, a liar and a cheater.

I got out of the forst to only hear a bang. I went to the ground covering my eyes and closing my eyes. I didn't get hit, but I got caught and they took me back to the police car and I was headed for the Tulsa County Jail. Not the first time in two months.