Who I Really Am

I woke up this morning from people talking too loud, laughing, and or wreslting around on the ground. Man it felt so much like when I was younger and around them. I sat up and threw my legs over the couch rubbing my eyes and looking at the ground.

"Hey, you're awake now." Steve said.

"Sure am, no one can sleep when you're talking loud." I said.

"We're sorry, we're not use to having other people in the house since our friend left." Two said.

"Nah, it's fine. I know how it feels when you're friend leaves you." I told them. They were all quiet, some were whispering and then one of them asked my name. I only told Soda and Steve my name. But I stood up and looked at them, ready to leave out the front in case any of them hug me to death I could have a head start.

"Your name?" Dal asked.

"Well, my name isn't a popular one. BUt when you hear it, you'll know me." I said, they were a little confused. "Here let me explain. Sit down." I said. They all sat down and I thought about what i was gonna say. Then I thought of it and it might make Pony smile or blush. "In this room lies a boy. This boy told me about his crush from two years ago. His crush is standing right here before you and you all just got pranked!" I yelled the end. They all started yelling, hollering, cheering and that;s when the hugs kicked in.

"It's really you!" Dally said.

"Course its me. I left early. Y'all know me and you all really thought that I was gonna stay there a whole four years?" I asked. Pony was last to hug me and I smiled and hugged him back whispering into his ear. "Sorry, Pony. I really am."

He whispered, "It's fine. You're back and I'm happy as can be." We pulled apart and Soda pulled me onto the couch and didn't let me go he was just so happy to see me here.

"You fooled us good." Johnny said. "I had no idea it was you last night. It didn't look like you and you were... nice for once." Johnny said.

"I know and it kills me. Those people made me nice. But I might go back to my normal self if I go hunting for action with Two or Dal." I told him.

"No, you're not going to go and look at the inside of a jail again." Darry told me. I smiled and sat next to Soda after he let me go from hugging me for so long.

"When'd you get here?" Dal asked.

"Yesterday, I went and saw Steve and Soda first. Then headed towards the movies where I bumped into you guys." I explained.

"Should've seen her too. I told her how Pony had a huge crush on her and she fell off her seat." Johnny laughed.

"Very funny Johnnycakes." I said. The others all chimed in laughing too.

"So? How was it over there?" Two asked me. I was debating whether or not to bring up Skipper and how she was Mikey's girl. I was upset that my best friend had killed himself. I decided to tell them about her and then tell them about the rest of my time being there.

"Okay. I met Skipper. She was Mikey's girl." I said and my voice wen lower when I mentioned him. "Most of the time there was boring. Like the room I had had too much pink. So I drew on the walls, made it my own. My first couple weeks there were okay. I ignored all the teachers and the girls. Skipper and I would break rules, but they wouldn't punish us. It was weird, but I ditched because something made me come back and after to speaking to Pony that night that I was leaving to NY. I thought to myself. I did that to that kid, I broke him and I didn't mean any of it. I wanted to make things right, but I didn't belong here." I explained.

"You do belong here, and you're going to stay forever with us." I smiled and got up, I went to my bag and took out the two photos, the ones that I only have the copies to. I set them on the table in front of the guys and they stared at them and I went to the kitchen. I was gonna leave, but I didn't want to make them worried. Johnny came walking in and he scared me from behind.