The Secret They Didn't Know About

I woke up in my room this morning. I guess someone or I brought myself back last night. I sat up and I looked around for the time. It was 3:00 in the afternoon, good thing I don't have any work tonight because I'd be late. I got up and got dressed into some clothes for the Rumble tonight at 8:00. I can't wait to go, I just have to make sure that I keep these boys distracted or away from where I will be. The Rumble isn't going to be at the lot since most gangs hand there a lot and we didn't want the people who didn't want there, there.

The Rumble will be around the middle class side of town and by a parking lot near and old burned down building. I know how dangerous this is and how anyone could possibly die tonight, maybe one or two could die. I don't know, I just don't want that person to be me or the gang if they ever so happen to follow me. I haven't showed any signs that I am lying and none of them know about it.

I left my place and headed down the street to go see what the others are up to. I actually saw Dal for the first time last night since forever ago. He's like an older brother to me, they all are. But you would never think that Dally would be so kind towards a kid. And Pony and I, I don't even know where we stand. Last time I actually spoke to him was when he kissed me out of no where and he said it was to shut me up since I was yelling at him for something he did. I just wish him and I could be good, could be friends and not whatever we are now.

I walked into the Curtis house to see no one here. No one was here and so I looked around. I went to the kitchen and there was no one, I went to the bedrooms and no one was in Darry's room, no one was in Soda and Pony's room. I left the Curtis house and decided to go see if Dally was at his place, or maybe they were at the lot, I know they aren't in school since it was half day today and it's Friday. They're usually always buming around the Curtis place and they're usually always together.

As I was walking down the street, Shepperd bumped into me and not Angela Shepperd but her younger brother Curly who is 15 and a half years old. Angela's 17 and Tim is 20. I sighed, but made sure he didn't hear me sigh. He walked next to me and if you knew me by now, you could just tell by the way I walked, communicated and by my face that I didn't want to be bothered by this kid. Sure he's an okay kid, but I was hoping it was Angela Shepperd, instead of this.

"What do ya want Curly?" I asked.

"Angela wanted me to make sure that you were coming tonight and that you knew where it will be held at." He told me.

"Yeah she told me and I am coming no matter what. I'll be there at 8:00." I told him.

"Okay, see ya Ryder." He said.

"Bye Curly." I said and he left running down the street. I wonder if Jeremy or those other socs will be there tonight at this Rumble. I know Jeremy could be, but he would be fighting against us. I just hope the guys don't find out about this or know about it because if they do and if they know I am going, I am sure to be in trouble by one of them even though none of them own me.

I walked some more until I saw Angela talking to my gang of guys. I decided to eaves drop on them. They were by the lot talking to one another. They were all there, every single one of them. I walked up carefully and they didn't notice me at all, I hid on the ground near the bush and listened to their conversation.

"You going to the Rumble tonight?" Darry asked her. What?! They know about it? Who told them? I'm gonna kill who ever told them and I am sure Angela is gonna play dumb.

"What Rumble?" She asked.

"The one tonight at 7:00 here at the lot?" Two asked. Thank god, it's a different Rumble. I know they're not gonna let me fight, so that means I have time to sneak out and fight with Angela at a different Rumble by the middle classers. I listened some more.

"I don't know, I'd have to ask Tim first. But will Ryder be going?" She asked.

"No. She's gonna be staying at her or our place during the Rumble." Darry told her. She was probably smirking on the inside since they think I'll listen. I'll listen and stay at their house until 7:30 and then I am gone to my Rumble.

"Ok, I'll see you guys some other time." Angela said, my gang left back to the Curtis house and she stood there until they were outta sight. She left down the street where Curly had left to and I got up running down the street to the guys' place.

"What happened to telling everyone everything? Huh?" I asked walking into the house, they looked at each other and then looked at me.

"What are you talking about?" Steve asked looking away from the TV and at me. I stood there arms crossed and shook my head.

"I'm smarter then you think I am. So don't play dumb with me! Y'all are going to a Rumble tonight without me. I can handle myself just fine. I can fight!" I said.

"Says the one who got herself two new scars." Two said.

"Shut up Keith! Before the blade goes to your forehead!" I was mad now. They tensed up and looked at me, all but one person and they weren't even in the living room. Ponyboy walked into the living room with a pepsi in his hands.

"What's goin' on?" He asked.

"We'll tell ya what's going on. Ryder's upset since we didn't tell her about the Rumble and Darry won't let her go, so she's mad." Johnny told him.

"That's fine, I'll be at my place. But don't expect me to not stay at my place or here tonight!" I said and ran out the door. I heard them all fight over who was gonna run after me and I honestly didn't care who did, I actually didn't want any of them to run after me.

I ran into my place and slammed the door shut. I set an alarm for 7:30 since I was gonna go to sleep or do what ever in my room until then. I shut my window, locked it and then locked my door too. I turned the lights off so it didn't look like anyone was here. I plopped down on my bed and soon fell asleep.