Tell Me The Truth

Johnny's POV

Soda woke up about an hour ago and we're waiting on Ponyboy to wake up. He and Soda has been in coma for 'bout a week now. We haven't see or heard about Ryder anywhere. It was like she just disapeared for some reason. Will she turn up? Or did she leave for good? If she did leave, what was the reason? Was it because she kissed Pony or something? Was it because Soda and Pony are here barely breathing and we don't know what'll happen next.

Darry's at work, like I said, Ryder ain't here either. The rest of us are here though. I stood next to Dally by the wall and we listened and talked to Soda, Pony was still in coma next to him.

"Where's Ryder? She at work?" Soda asked. It went silent between us all. No one said a word, no one moved and it was just dead silent. Even Two-bit, for once, was quiet. "Guys? Where is she?" He asked once more. I guess Steve had enough guts to tell him.

"She ain't here Soda. None of us has seen her in a week. Haven't heard of her and no one has seen her." Steve told him.

"We're sorry Soda. We really are and we looked for her. Nothin'" Two said.

"What made her leave?" Soda asked.

"We don't know. She said she was leavin' for awhile and she just never came back." Dal explained. We sat or stood and talked between the others. I was just praying that Pony would wake up and Ryder, where ever she is, would come back. Because I ain't too fond about he rleaving us, what if she leaves for awhile now?

Ponyboy's POV

Soda woke up now and I haven't. I'm just sitting her lisenting to their conversation about Ryder and none of them have a clue where she went, where she could be, if she got in trouble or just plain left. I decided to walk around the hospital or stand outside for a little. So I went and stood outside. It was a nice day, but it got worse once I saw someone I thought I wouldn't see.

"Ryder?" I asked. She looked all beat up, her wrists were red with red scabbed circles around them like she had rope or something around them. She didn't hear me I guess, because she turn or say something back. I knew she was in coma or passed out because she looked like me. I ran down the street to her, I tapped her shoulder and she jumped, punching me.

"Who the hell are you?" She asked confused.

"What?" I asked confused. She's playin' dumb with me now.

"Don't play dumb with me. C'mon, you know me and I know you." I told her.

"If I knew you so well, then why haven't I heard of you? Or seen you before?" She asked. I am not gonna tolerate her stupid foolishness.

"Stop playing with me now. And what happened to you?" I asked.

"I got beat up, what else does it look like?" She asked.

"Who hurt you?" I asked.

"Someone did." Come on, I don't need her to lie to me again. The others don't know where she is and if she tells me then I can tell the others once I wake up.

"You can trust me." I told her.

" I can't trust people I don't know. I just met you and I am able to find stuff out on my own. So please leave me alone." Man, that hurts. Does she really not know who I am? Because I don't think she's playing dumb with me. She pretty beat up and maybe she lost her memory.

But I can't help her if she won't tell me what's going on. I just want to see her happy and not like she is now. I'd like to look for her, but who knows when she'll come through and tell us. I wish she could trust us better because we wouldn't do anything to get rid of her. We all care about her too much, I care about her too much to loose her. I can't loose her.