What's Going On?!

"Ryder! Ryder wake up!" I heard.

"Let me sleep." I said and swatted them away. I didn't know who it was at that moment.

"C'mon, we gotta go!"

"Is there bombs outside?"

"Ugh, no."

"Then I'm staying here." I said.

"Ugh!" They said and I knew who it was, it was Dally. I refused to get up out of bed because  he wouldn't give me an exact asnwer as to why i was getting up so early. So he picked me up and gave me a piggy back ride to where ever we were going. I was half asleep and once we hit the coldness from outside, I shivered and he gave me his jacket. I eventually fell asleep and he was still walking to somewhere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next Morning...

I woke up coughing. I was cold and I had no idea why. Maybe I got sick from last night when I was outside. I was still wearing Dally's too big jacket, I looked around at my surroundings to see Steve, Two, Darry, Johnny and Dally asleep in front or next to me. I looked around better and we were in a hospital, but why?

I got up and walked over to Johnny. I shook him and he woke up jumping awake because I accidentally scared him a little. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and looked at me sleepily.

"Hey, Ryder." He said quietly. I nodded.

"Why we here? I hate hospitals." I stated. He sat up in his seat because when he was asleep, he was half off the chair and on the floor.

"Car wreck last night. Dal told you last night." Johnny answered.

"Who's involved? Because I don't recall driving a car." I said.

"Nah, it was Soda and Pony. We don't know how they are. They ain't stable yet to have visitors." He told me. I wasn't going to cry, that be showing how weak I was and I didn't need the guys crying because I was crying and I am strong enough to know not to cry. But I had a couple slip, because I realised that I loved these guys and I would die if one of them died.

"What happened?" I asked, he shrugged his shoulders and looked at the ground.

"I don't know, but head back to sleep. You need it and we don't need ya to be freaking out and getting into trouble with the fuzz." He told me, I nodded and set my head on his shoulder. Better then a wall I tell ya. I closed my eyes and fell back asleep after a little while.

Ponyboy's POV

Soda and I are in coma, we can see and hear each other. We can see the guys and Ryder too. Man last night was crazy and real scary for a kid mine or Soda's age. He and I were coming back from my track meet last night, we had a green light and the car next to us who was gonna turn, had a red light. Soda went straight and the other car stepped on their gas pedal and rammed right into our truck. It was like they did it on purpose. That scared me a whole lot and I just didn't like it at all.

Soda sat next to me as him and I watched Johnny explain to Ryder where she was and why she was here. I didn't know she hated it here, I honestly didn't know. I sighed real loud not knowing when Soda and I will get out of coma and wake up. I couldn't tell how the others felt like because they were all asleep and Soda and I had nothing to do for awhile.

"Soda?" I asked.

"Yea?"

"You worried?" He shrugged his shoulders not knowing what to say I guess.

"Kinda, I mean, we last the gang when we were all goofing around and now look at us. We're like half dead young kids whose lives just started." Soda said.

"I know, y'all eaves dropped on us, didn't you?" I asked changing the subject.

"Maybe, but we all did except for Darry."

"You saw everything?"

"Yep, but not all of it. We missed out on her yelling at you because Steve fell off his chair dragging us all down with him."

I was getting a little bored now, just watching these guys while Soda and I are like ghosts above them, observing everything going on and every move they make. That was until I looked in front of me at the person who was freaking out. You'd think it'd be Ryder, but it's not. It's Darry. He worried because he doesn't know what will happen next, if we'll be okay or not. He doesn't know and it worries him to death. Because if we leave, then he didn't and doesn't want to say good bye or see ya see kid brothers. We're all he's got, so we watched.

"Damn it! I should've went with them." Darry said. Two got up and walked over to Darry. Everyone but Johnny and Ryder were awake, they were sound asleep side by side and I got jealous because she was leaning against his shoulder and his head was on her head. I was furious, because I thought her and I had something.

"Calm down, Dar. They'll be fine. They're tough and they won't ever give up." Two told our older brother.

"Yeah, we know 'em and we've seen them before, Dar. They never gave up before, so why would they now?" Steve asked.

"Because they wouldn't be able to handle it."

"This isn't your fault." Dal said, leaning against the counter smoking. This was gonna be funny now, a girl walked passed him and Dal tried acting all cool like around her. She took his cig and out went the flame as a small red handprint marked Dally's left cheek. He rubbed it and scoffed as she left down the hall into the emergency rooms, where Soda and I are, along with some people we don't know or know what happened to them.

"Look at 'em." Two said and pointed to Johnny and Ryder asleep still.

"What were happen if they got hooked up?" Steve asked.

"I don't know" Dal said.

"They won't. She already went to Pony."  Dar said. He's on my side! Sorry Johnnycakes, I really am.

"Just drop that. She obviously doesn't like anyone or can't." Dal said.

"Why's that?" Steve asked.

"Your dumb! You think she's not gonna be  a player? I assume she is, if she really Ponyboy. She would've went after him when she was 14 and then dump him. I'm going with player and you go with what you think." Dal replied to Steve's question. This was all too uncomfortable to watch, Soda's asleep right next to me and I decided to fall asleep too because there wasn't much to do since I couldn't talk to the guys and Ryder was asleep.