I Trusted You!

Ponyboy's POV

I trusted her! She lied to me and not just once. It hurts to know that she didn't actually trust any of us, only Dally. How could she? I don't even know where I lie anymore. If her and I are friends or if we're not. Because she blew a major bomb on us. I left with Johnny out of the bar when Dal was talking to Ryder on the phone. She apparently has more to it, she has more to it then just robbing, stealing, lying and cheating, but Dal just won't tell me and he wants us to hear it from her. He knows why and yet he won't tell me.

She's bigger then Dally and she gets blamed for everything, even if she didn't do anything wrong. I wish I knew how I could help, but from the beginning, I knew there was something off and I just couldn't figure it out. I walked alongside Johnny quietly until we got back to my place. He and I sat on the couch watching cartoons until the others came back, we didn't say anything to one another.

Ryder's POV

"Look, just let me off with a warning. I was mad, my friend died. Plus, I haven't gotten in trouble in four months!" I said.

"The last part she kinda has a point." An officer said.

"Who's side are you on!" The second officer asked the first one. I sat there and waited for a little bit to see what would happen next. I didn't want to go to juvie and I didn't want to get sent back to my parents. My parents will just abuse me even more or try to sell me again.

"Stay here! We'll be back and don't try anything, we got video monitors watching you." The second officer told me. They both left and I sat here waiting for them to come back. So I put my feet up on the desk and sat back chilling until they come or someone comes. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the quietness while it lasted.

I heard a knock coming from somewhere, so I opened my eyes and looked around to see where it was coming from. I didn't see anything so I just thought it was my imagination. Then the officers both came back and told me what was going to happen.

"So, we've taken you away from your parents. You're going to go either back to a girls home in NY or here. Pick one." He said.

"Can I have some time, please? Like a day or two? I have to talk to a friend about this." I asked looking at them both. They looked at each and shrugged their shoulders.

"I don't see why not. But two days only and then you come back here." I nodded and they continued. "And you're going to have classes of some sort to help you." But these guys are the only people I have and I've been nice around them and haven't caused much trouble. If only there's a way where I can stay here and learn how to be good. They've been influenced me a little because they're all so nice and in life they rewarded with kindness and I don't because of how I act. But I know that I need to man up and start acting better and being careful with what I do in the future.

"What do I do tonight?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"You expect me to stay here for two days?"

"No, you'll go with one of those friends of yours." He said.

"So I can leave then and go to their place for the night?" I asked. They both nodded, took the hand cuffs off me and I left the building. I went outside and it was really late and dark outside, but I carry a blade all the time. The same one that I stole when I was 7 years old. Its a beauty and Two-bit thinks his is nice, wait until he sees mine.

I walked on my own for a little until I felt the wind get knocked out of me and I was on the ground. I hit my head, but I pushed the person off me and started to run. I only knew it was a person because I felt their hands try to pin my shoulders down when I was on the ground. But running didn't work because I was right back on the ground. I heard the words 'I trusted you!' and then knew who it was. It was Ponyboy, but why was he tackling me to the ground?