Chapter 8

Later that night after dinner the kids were about to go upstairs when Stef called out," Hey could you guys have a seat in the living room, me and Mama need to ask a question." The kids looked at each other questioning what this was about. Before anyone else finished their thoughts Mariana said," Yeah." She went over to to the couch in the living room and sat down. Callie looked at the boys and then followed and sat next to Mariana the boys soon after. Once they were in the living room Stef looked at each of the kids then at Lena and said," We wanted to know," then she looked at Brandon and Jude and continued," if you would want Brandon, yours and Jude's stay her to be more permanent?" It took a moment for them to forgive out what Stef was asking but once Jude figured it out he said," You mean adopt us?" " That's exactly what we mean," Lena said with a smile. Lena looked over towards Mariana, Jesus, and Callie and asked," We wanted to know as well if you guys are okay with this?" Mariana nodded her head and squealed," Yes of coarse I am okay with this!" " Same here," Jesus said with a smile. Callie on the other hand wasn't sure what to say, she didn't know how to react she wanted to just blurt out the fact that she loves Brandon but at the same time she wanted him to be happy. " Jude, Brandon," Stef asked wanting to know if this is what they wanted. Jude looked at Brandon and then at Stef and Lena and said," Yes!" Brandon put on a fake smile as well and then looked at Callie and said," Are you okay with this?" Callie felt the hopeful eyes on her and she didn't have the heart to ruin Brandon's chance at a family so she put on the most painful smile for her and said," Yeah I am looking forward to having two new brothers." Stef and Lena went over and hugged Brandon and Jude. Everyone was talking about how happy they were when Callie couldn't take it anymore. " I think I am going to be sick," Callie said while getting up off of the couch. Lena looked at Callie with concern and asked," Cal are you okay?" Callie looked at Brandon and he could tell that she felt sick because of the stress and his heart sunk. Callie nodded and then ran upstairs into her and Mariana's room. Brandon looked at Stef and Lena and said," I think someone should go check on her. I will go see if she is okay." Without waiting for a response Brandon got up and went upstairs. Callie was sitting on her bed fumbling with her hands when she heard a knock at the door. " Come in," Callie said hoping it wasn't either one of her moms. Brandon walked in and said," Are you okay Callie?" Callie looked up at him and felt tears starting to form in her eyes and she said," I couldn't be down there anymore." Brandon sighed and sat next to her and said," I am sorry this hurts but I have to do what is best for Jude." " I know and that is why I won't say anything about the kiss or my feelings towards you," Callie said with a sigh. Brandon gave her a smile and said," One day we won't feel this anymore and we can see each other as brother and sister." Callie looked up and into his green eyes and she said," Yeah hopefully." Brandon wrapped his arms around her and embraced her in a hug. Callie pulled out of the hug and asked," Would it be too painful if we had one last kiss?" Brandon sighed and nodded," Yes but either way it will hurt." With that he kissed Callie one last time. Callie kissed back with so much passion trying to make the kiss last as long as possible. They kissed for what felt like forever but at the same time only a second and then Brandon pulled away. " I love you Brandon," Callie said while a tear fell from one of her eyes. Brandon was now fighting with everything in him not to cry and he said," I love you too Callie." Callie bit her lip and Brandon stood up and before leaving he said," You are my family Callie." The minute Brandon closed her door Callie burst into tears. Brandon knew that the others were waiting to see how she was so he went back down and everyone in the room stopped what they were doing and looked at Brandon. " How is she," Mariana asked. Brandon tried swallowing back his tears and responded," She is okay, I think she wants to be alone right now." Despite Brandon's attempts a tear escaped and slid down his cheek. Jude noticed and asked," Brandon are you okay?" Brandon nodded and said," Yeah I am just tired." With that Brandon went up to his room. " I don't know what those two talked about but they must have had on heck of a conversation," Jesus commented while looking up at the stairs where Brandon was standing. Mariana nodded in agreement and then said," I am going to check on Callie in a little bit." Later in that night Callie was sure she had cried out all the tears she had left in her when Mariana entered their room. " Cal are you okay," Mariana asked while shutting the door. Callie nodded and said," Why wouldn't I be, we get to have Brandon and Jude as our brothers." Mariana smiled and said," I know! At first I was a little intimidated by Brandon honestly." Callie smiled and said," I was never intimidated by him. I saw him as someone who was misunderstood and judged at first." " Oh I just heard Juvie and I thought the worst. To be completely honest I thought Brandon was kind of hot at first," Mariana said shocking Callie by her comment. Callie wasn't sure if she should agree or not she just said," Really?" Mariana giggled and said," Yeah but I know he is going to be our brother so I didn't really care. But don't you kind of agree that Brandon is at least slightly attractive?" Callie shook her head and said," This conversation is way to weird." Mariana shrugged and giggled causing Callie to slightly laugh as well. ' Leave it to Mariana to make me laugh even wen I am hurting,' Callie thought to herself. Shortly after they ended their conversation Mariana and Callie fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~     Sorry for the short chapter. So things for Brallie got more complicated with the adoption plans. Sadly there won't be much Brallie scenes in the next chapter or so, but don't worry because I have plans. I hope you guys enjoyed the sisterly moment between Callie and Mariana, I noticed I didn't have that many of those moments in there so I thought I would add that in. I also wanted to add in some ideas from the show so you can kind of tell when that is in the story. Thanks for reading and please vote and comment.
- Em💖