Chapter 23

A week passed very quickly for Mariana. She was always on Callie's case on when to order the stuff for the wedding and what to order. It amused the boys sometimes when they saw Mariana bossing Callie around or when a mistake is made how big of a deal Mariana makes about it. Tonight Lena's mom and dad were coming along with Stef's mom, not to mention that it will be the first time that they meet Brandon and Jude. Right now Callie was sitting in the kitchen with a messy bun working on trying to get the specific flowers that Mariana wants ordered. Brandon came into the kitchen and asked," Do we have any milk left?" Callie put her hand on her forehead and said," Uh yeah check the fridge." Brandon nodded and saw the milk and grabbed it. " Is the stress getting to you," Brandon asked while pouring milk in a glass. Callie started typing and said," You have no idea." Brandon took sip of his milk and then said," Want anything to eat or drink?" Callie stopped and looked at him and said," I would love some water and toast." Brandon chuckled and went to get the bread. As Brandon put the bread in the toaster he asked," How much sleep have you gotten?" Callie didn't look up from the screen to talk," None. I have been up all night trying to find these dumb flowers that Mariana wants." Brandon smiled to himself and then said," Looks like you got no sleep." Callie rubbed her face and put her hands on her neck and said," I really look that bad?" " No, but you look tired," Brandon said as the toaster went off. Brandon buttered the toast and got Callie some water and placed it on the table next to her computer. Callie looked at the food and then at Brandon and said," Thanks." Brandon smiled at her and said," Let me see these flowers that Mariana wants so badly." Brandon sat next to Callie and moved her computer so that the two of them could see the screen. Callie pointed to some flowers and said," She wants these and I need to have them shipped her by next week." " Is that possible?" Callie nodded and said," Well yeah if I find a place that does faster delivery but all of them would take a few weeks just to get in California." Brandon took the computer and scrolled and typed in some things. He turned the computer towards Callie and said," Does this work?" Callie's face lit up and she said," Oh my god you are a miracle worker." She quickly typed in her order and said," I am so glad that I won't have to listen to Mariana complain today. Well hopefully." Brandon laughed and said," Does she really complain that often?" Callie nodded and said," Way too much." Both of them laughed and looked at each other. Callie stopped laughing and so did Brandon and they just stared at each other. Brandon moved his chair closer to Callie and he said," I missed talking to you." Callie blushed and nodded. Brandon was about to lean in to kiss her when Mariana came in and said," Callie did you get those flowers ordered?" Callie looked at Mariana and said," Yes Mariana." Mariana smiled and said," Good because I need you to go pick up the invitations for the guests." Callie sighed and got up to go get ready. Later that night Stef and Lena were talking in the kitchen when Mariana came in and said," Look who was at the door." In came Lena's parents with huge smiled on their faces. Lena smiled and said," Mom, Daddy!" Lena's mom hugged her and said," Hello dear." They all exchanged hugs and Lena's mom asked," When will Sharon be here?" Stef looked at her watch and then said," I'm assuming soon." Jesus and Jude came in the kitchen and Jesus excitedly said," Grams, Grandpa!" He gave both of them side hugs and Dana, Lena's mom, went over and said to Jude," And you must be Jude. The kids call me Gram and you can too." Jude smiled and hugged her. After they hugged Callie and Brandon came in and Brandon noticed the two strangers and he whispered to Callie," Um who are they?" Callie whispered back," Lena's mom and dad." Brandon looked at them and Dana noticed that they were whispering and she said," Callie I missed you guys so much!" Callie smiled and went over to hug her. When they pulled away Callie went to hug Lena's dad. Stuart. Dana looked over to Brandon and said," Brandon right? Well no need to whisper with Callie I don't bite." Brandon smiled awkwardly and Dana said," I have heard many things about you." They all talked between each other and then Stef's mom, Sharon, came in and said," I am here." She noticed the adults having wine and she said," Ooh wine! Yum!" Once everyone went back to talking Dana whispered to Brandon," May I have a word with you?" Brandon nodded and stood up and followed her out of the room. Callie noticed and she snuck out and followed them. The two sat in the back yard and Dana started," I wanted to ask you about the things I've heard about you." " What exactly did you hear about me?" Dana folded her hands and said," Tell me what happened between you and Callie." Brandon assumed it would be this but he was still caught a bit off guard," Oh well what do you want me to say?" " I just want to know if you still feel like you have feelings for her and if you do why try to make yourself her brother?" Brandon never really saw it that way and he felt bad," I don't know." " It is my understanding that your biological dad still needs to sign those papers but if you want Callie then why have Stef and Lena spend more money on trying to get you to be permanently apart of this family?" Brandon shook his head and said," It's complicated." Dana replied," It really isn't. But you do need to choose Callie or this Family, either way someone will be devastated." Brandon nodded then asked," Could we keep this between us?" Dana thought for a moment and then nodded in response. " I love Callie with all my heart. She deserves so much better than me and to be happy. Callie is the most special and amazing person I know and I can only wish for her to be happy. But I also need to think about my little brother Jude and what he wants and even if I still love Callie I think she is over me for good." It took Callie a minute to take all of that in along with Dana. Dana stood up and said," Well I am heading inside but I hope to see you make up your mind soon." With that she left leaving Brandon to think by himself. Callie came out and said," You really think I'm over you Brandon?" Brandon looked at Callie and she came and sat next to him. " I can't believe you said all of that to my grandma," Callie said with tears in her eyes. Brandon nodded and said," And I meant every word Callie." With that Brandon kissed Callie sending sparks through the both of them. Callie urgently kissed back not knowing how much longer it would last. They continued to kiss until Callie pulled away and said," We need to stop doing this." Brandon pressed their foreheads together and said with a smile," I know but we keep on doing it." Callie smiled and kissed him again.   " Do you think we are going to kiss again," Brandon asked in between kisses. Callie pulled away and said," We shouldn't kiss again." Brandon's smile disappeared and he grabbed her hand and said, " Don't you want this?" Callie looked at him and said, " Of coarse but we can't Brandon. We've done this way to many times. I m sorry." That statement made Brandon's heart break and he didn't know how much more he could take.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~       I updated! So what do you guys think of Brallie right now? How do you feel about how every time something happens between them that Callie always rejects poor Brandon? Also what do you want Brandon to decide? The family or Callie? Please let me know in the comments! Please vote and COMMENT! Thanks for reading!
- Em💖