Chapter 37

Callie was helping Wyatt load boxes into his car. As she sat one down she said," How many more do we have to load." Wyatt was carrying two large boxes when he came up to her. " Uh I believe about ten." Callie moaned in a whining tone. Wyatt set his boxes down and said, " You know you didn't have to help me." " I know, but I wanted to," Callie said trying to be positive. A few hours later, Wyatt finally loaded the last box and said," That about does it." Callie clapped and said," Finally!" Wyatt chuckled along with Callie. His smile faded when he said, " I'm really going to miss you." Callie's faded as well and she agreed," Me too. I wish you didn't have to go." Callie gave Wyatt a hug. Wyatt returned it hugging back as hard as he could (without crushing her). When they pulled away, Wyatt gave her a kiss on the cheek and said," I will come back before you know it." Callie gave him a sad smile and wrapped her arms around him, not wanting to let him go just yet. " I've got to go Cal," Wyatt said while grabbing her arms and moving them backroad her sides. Callie nodded and said," I'm really going to miss you." " I know." With that Callie stepped away from the car and Wyatt got in. He waved her good bye as he drove off.
_______________
Callie walked into the house and noticed an extra plate set on the table for dinner. She walked up to Lena, who was mixing the salad, and asked," Who is the extra plate for?" Lena looked at the plate then Callie and responded," Brandon." Callie smiled and said," How come he is coming for dinner tonight? Not that I mind it's just he hasn't been over here in a while." Lena went back to mixing the salad and responded," He called and said he wanted to see Jude, so I offered for him to eat over here tonight." Callie blushed at the thought of seeing Brandon. She knew things between them were complicated but they agreed to not hide their feelings. Callie didn't even notice Lena had stopped and looked at her until she said," I assume you two are back on?" Callie shook her head and said," No we aren't. It's complicated." " Oh," was all Lena said. " I'm going to go wash up for dinner," Callie said before leaving the kitchen.
________________
When Jude let Brandon in the house, Brandon said," I missed you!" Jude smiled and said," Me too." Before Brandon could take another step, he heard a loud squeal and the next thing her knew, Mariana was hugging him and saying," Brandon!" Brandon chuckled and said," Hey Mari." When he entered the dining room, Stef came up and gave him a warm hug, along with Lena. " Where is Jesus," Brandon asked while looking around. Mariana sat in her chair and answered," Wrestling." Brandon gave her a questioning look. Callie came into the room and said," Hey." Brandon wasn't sure how she wanted him to act around the family so he said awkwardly," Hey." He was taken a bit off guard when she came up and hugged him, but he returned it. Callie pulled away and Mariana asked," Are you two..?" Brandon looked at Callie to answer and she said," No we aren't. It's complicated."
________________
After dinner, Brandon wanted to hang out with Jude a little longer so they went up to Jude's room. When they got in there the first thing that left Jude's mouth was," I don't care if you date Callie." Brandon nodded and said," Okay." Jude sat down on his bed and asked," So are you?" " No," Brandon answered. Jude tilted his head a little and asked," Why not?" Brandon sighed and said," Because Callie and I decided it was best to take things slow. You know give each other some space but at the same time kind of ease into a relationship." Jude looked down and said, " Sometimes I wish you never left. You have missed a lot in not only my life but everyone else's." Brandon felt bad but Jude continued," There's also something I need to tell you." Brandon nodded waiting for him to continue. Jude finally looked at him and said," I'm gay." Brandon was not expecting that at all," Oh," was all he said. " I know you may not be happy with this but it's who I am. I also have a boyfriend." " Who?" Jude answered with," Connor." Brandon remembered Conner slightly," Connor as in your friend from the adoption?" Jude shook his head and corrected him," No, Connor as in my boyfriend." Brandon had never thought he had missed so much, ' I guess that's what I get for leaving,' he thought to himself.
_________________
Callie walked Brandon to his car and once they reached it she said," Why were you so awkward at dinner?" Brandon shrugged and said," I didn't want you to be upset if I showed any attraction to you or something." Callie realized how much not being in a relationship was hurting him. " I want to hear your thoughts," Callie stated. " My what?" " Thoughts. Tell me how you feel about this and just everything," Callie said. Brandon took a breath and said," I honestly am not loving being just friends. Whenever I'm around you I want people to know you are mine, that they can't just have you. I want to hold you in my arms forever because being without you hurts, and if you ask Aden it takes a huge impact on my attitude. I hate myself for all the dumb things I've done and I keep on screwing everything up." Callie shook her head and said," You don't screw everything up. I do." Brandon couldn't take it anymore, he grabbed Callie's face and kissed her. Callie wrapped her arms around his neck as she kissed back. They kissed for a little bit then Brandon pulled away and said," I love you so much." Callie blushed and said," Not as much as I love you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ An update!!! Okay so idk if you guys did yet (I'm not usually one for self promotion but...) you should check out my new book called Loving My Step Brother. (Before you ask, yes it's Brallie) So did you guys like this chapter? Also sadly I think I'm going to end this book around chapter 40. So yeah. Thanks for reading!
- Em💖