Chapter 10

After school a few days later Mariana and Callie were walking home and Callie noticed the same green Jeep that she never wanted to see again. Callie started breathing really heavily and she clutched her chest. " Oh my God Callie are you okay," Mariana yelled scared at the sudden panic attack that Callie was having. Callie soon could barely breath and she felt herself getting lightheaded. Mariana panicked because she didn't know what to do so she pulled out her phone and dialed the first number she saw in her contacts which was Brandon. " Hello," Brandon answered wondering why Mariana was calling him. Mariana was trying to help Callie calm down when she said," Brandon its Callie!" Brandon almost dropped the phone when he heard Mariana. " Okay where are you guys," Brandon asked. Mariana told him where her and Callie were at while she tried again to help Callie. A few minutes later Brandon came running towards them and Callie was still having a panic attack. " Callie," Brandon yelled and he had her sit down. He was rubbing circles on her back and her breathing started returning to normal. Brandon looked at Mariana and asked," What happened? Did something happen to her?" Mariana shook her head and answered," I don't know. We were talking and then she started breathing really heavily." Brandon nodded and then looked at Callie and said," Deep breaths okay." Callie nodded and slowly calmed down. " Callie what happened," Brandon asked once he realized that she had calmed down. Callie looked over to where she thought she saw the green Jeep and said," I thought I saw Liam's car." " Who is this Liam Callie? This time I want the full truth," Mariana said while crossing her arms.  Callie sighed and said," It started when-", Callie was interrupted by Brandon saying," You don't have to tell her." Callie shook her head and said," I need to start telling people." Brandon nodded and sat there waiting for her to start. Callie told Mariana everything about Liam, sparing some details. After she finished Mariana was left speechless for a few minutes. She finally was able to say," We need to take this to the police." Callie looked down and said," I know." Brandon shook his head and said," I hate to say this but they won't believe you Callie." Callie was hurt by this and although she wasn't sure why she was so offended she stood up and said," You know what Brandon I don't have time for your lack of trust in the court. I am sorry that they screwed you over but I need to do something about this." Mariana and Brandon were shocked by what Callie had just said. " I am sorry I just wanted you to have a heads up on your outcome," Brandon said before Callie could walk away. Callie shook her head and said," Screw you Brandon." Brandon was going to say something but Callie started walking away. Mariana watched Callie walk away and then she looked at Brandon and asked," You really think that they won't believe her." Brandon sighed and said," Sadly no I don't think they will." Mariana nodded and then said," We should get home." Brandon stood up and him and Mariana walked home. During dinner Callie stayed silent until when no one was saying anything she blurted out," I think I want to take Liam to court." Stef swallowed her food and her and Lena looked at each other then Stef said," Are you sure Callie?" Callie nodded and said," Yes I don't want him to harm anyone else or me for that matter." " Wait who is this Liam and why the heck does he want to hurt you," Jesus said angrily. Callie sighed and said," He was my ex and he raped me." Jesus slammed his fist on the table and yelled," I will kill this Liam!" " Jesus calm down," Lena said while putting a hand in his shoulder. Jesus shrugged it off and said," No he has no right to hurt my sister and if he thinks he can get away with it then-" Callie interrupted Jesus," Jesus stop please stop." Jesus shook his head and then looked at Brandon and asked," Did she tell you about this?" Brandon looked at Callie and then back at Jesus and said," Yes I knew." Jesus angrily shook his head, he was now pissed," And you didn't do anything about it! You are supposed to be her brother too yet you still sat there and let her go through this!" Brandon was now getting mad as well," I did do something okay, I helped her open up about it and I comforted her! I am trying to be a good brother but no one is perfect Jesus so why don't you just leave me alone!" " Enough you two," Stef said trying to stop things before they got out of hand. Brandon shook his head and said," No I won't stop because Callie needs to understand that I am trying to do what is best for her and I don't think that taking Liam to court will change anything. It is just a waste of time and money." Callie now felt the need to add her thoughts in." What is best for me? Brandon how on Earth are you doing what is best for me when you don't even know what that is." Brandon stood up and said," Callie I pay attention more than you think I do. It is your choice if you want to take Liam to court but don't come to me when it doesn't go the way you thought it would." With that Brandon went upstairs leaving Callie speechless. " Callie do you still want to do this," Lena asked. Callie nodded and said," Yeah I want to make him pay for what he did." A few days later Callie was having a lawyer come and discuss the case with her and find out when the court date would be. " So what you are saying is that the judge might not believe it wasn't consensual but they would be live that I wanted it," Callie asked in disbelief after the lawyer told her that they might not believe her. The lawyer nodded and said," That's exactly what I am saying and he would go to jail because of the age difference." Callie shook her head and said," I need to think about this." She stood up and left the table leaving her moms and the lawyer to talk. Brandon noticed Callie laying on her bed in her room and he wanted to know what the lawyer said so be walked in and sat down on a chair by her bed and asked," So what did he say?" Callie sighed and said," He said almost the exact same thing that you said. I hope that makes you happy." Brandon shook his head and said," No Callie that doesn't. Do you really think that I wanted that outcome? I want Liam to rot in a prison sell for what he did to you." Callie stood up and said," Well that probably won't happen." " Callie for what it is worth I hope they see it your way," Brandon added before she left the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~     Sorry for not updating. I have been really sick and I couldn't write. The next few chapters might be a little shorter so I am sorry. I will try to post once a day. Let me know what you think Callie should do and also do you think that Callie had the right to be mad at Brandon? Thanks for reading and please vote and comment.
- Em💖