Chapter 24

The next day Mariana told Brandon to invite Robert and his family to the wedding. Brandon didn't mind but he had a feeling that Sofia might want to have him stay for a while. When Brandon arrived at Roberts he knocked on his door and a few minutes later Jill, Roberts wife, answered. " Hello Brandon," Jill said. Brandon smiled and pulled out a card and said," Hey I was wondering if you, Robert, and Sofia would like to attend my Moms' wedding in a few weeks." Jill took the card from Brandon and read it. When she finished she said," I will have to talk to Robert about it but for the meantime would you like to come in?" Brandon shrugged and said," Sure." He walked in and Jill said," Sofia is in her room and I think she might be happy to see you." Brandon nodded and went upstairs. He knocked on Sofia's door and a few seconds later Sofia opened it and squealed when she saw Brandon. She gave him a huge hug which Brandon returned. Once they pulled away Sofia said," Please come in." She stepped aside and Brandon walked in and gazed at the inside of her room. Sofia sat on her bed and said," I am so happy I get to see you! Whenever you see my dad you don't usually talk to me." Brandon looked at her and said," Oh sorry about that." " No worries, I'm just happy that we are talking now." Brandon nodded and asked," So what do you want to talk about?" Sofia shrugged and said," Anything I guess. Oh! Do you have a girlfriend?" Brandon chuckled and shook his head and said," No I don't." Sofia nodded and asked," What about siblings?" " Well there's my little brother Jude and my foster siblings Mariana, Jesus, and...Callie," Brandon said will stopping before saying Callie. He was still hurting from the kiss and he wasn't fully ready to call her his sister. Sofia caught on and said," Why did you pause before Callie?" " I didn't." Sofia giggled and Brandon asked," What is so funny?" Sofia calmed down and said," You get so protective over Callie." Brandon scrunched his eyebrows together and said," Uh no." " Yes you do. Don't worry I won't tell my dad." Brandon shot back," Tell him what?" Sofia put one leg over the other and said," That you love Callie." Brandon didn't know what to say but Sofia continued," It is completely obvious." Brandon shrugged and said," Well yeah I love her. As a sister." Sofia stood up and said," Whatever you say Brandon but you and I both know the truth and your secret is safe with me." Sofia went to her door and asked," Do you want to come with me to get some water?" Brandon walked up to the door as well and replied," Sure." When Brandon came home Mariana was yelling at Callie to do something else for the wedding. " Callie we need those cups," Mariana wined while walking after her into the kitchen. Callie stopped and turned around to say," I know Mariana but I already need to get the tables I just can't drop everything to get them." Mariana crossed her arms and said," Well I can't because I need to help moms with what they are wearing for the wedding." Brandon chuckled and then offered," I could go get the cups if you need me to." " Okay here is the address and you need to pick them up by eight o'clock tonight," Mariana said while handing Brandon a paper with the address on it. Brandon nodded and looked up to see Callie mouth "thank you" to him. Mariana clapped her hands together and said," Well let's get going!" With that Mariana left to go talk to Stef and Lena. Once Mariana left Callie walked up to Brandon and rubbed her head and said," Thank you. I was about to loose my mind with that women." Brandon chuckled and nodded," Yeah Mariana is kind of intense." " Oh you have no idea. You're lucky you got out of the house when you did because that one was freaking out because she couldn't find the right colored table clothes." Brandon remembered what Sofia said earlier and he decided to tell Callie," So Sofia said something pretty weird today." Callie gave him an intrigued look and said," Oh yeah?" " Yeah. She um said that she knew that I uh well you know...have feelings for you." Callie's facial expression quickly changed to shock and she said," Oh...and what did you say?" Brandon nervously rubbed the back of his neck unsure of how she would respond he said," I denied it." Callie didn't have time to respond because Brandon quickly added," I said that I did although love you as a sister." Callie nodded and said," Then I guess that's a start." " For what." Callie bluntly said," Getting over each other." Then Callie left not waiting for Brandon to respond. When Brandon turned to leave he noticed Jude standing there with an angry look and Brandon said," Jude." Jude shook his head and said," I knew it! You lied to me, you say that you will stop but you don't! You know why, because your selfish and you always will be." " Jude," Brandon pleaded but Jude just stepped back and said," If you want to give up this family then don't let me stop you!" Brandon didn't know what to say and he stood thee speechless as Jude pushed passed him. ' Could this day get any worse,' Brandon thought to himself as he sat down on the couch while putting his head in his hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~       Short chapter but this was more of a filler. Plus I am at school right now so this isn't my best work. What do you guys think? Does Jude have a right to be mad at Brandon and should Jude confront Callie about her and Brandon? Please let me know in the comments. Please vote and COMMENT! Thanks for reading!
- Em💖