Chapter 19

The next week went by pretty slowly for Callie. She tried to talk to Wyatt almost every day to make up for the fact that she couldn't see him that often. As for Brandon he and Talya started hanging out together more and more. Whenever Brandon went past Callie's room and heard her talking to Wyatt on the phone he would text Talya and meet up with her to get Callie out of his mind. Today was Callie's first day back and she was pretty nervous to come back. She knew that there will most likely be some kind of rumor about why she was out. Callie looked at herself in the mirror trying to decide if she was fully ready to return to school. She rubbed her head where her concussion was and she felt relieved that there was almost no pain. She heard someone come in the room and when she turned around she saw Mariana. " Having second thoughts," Mariana asked stepping into the room. Callie shrugged and said," I don't know. I mean I know that there will be rumors about why I was gone." Mariana shook her head about how ridiculous her sister was being and said," So what if there are rumors. What is important is that you have a family and a boyfriend that could care less about what those people say." Callie smiled and said," Thanks Mariana." When Callie arrived at school people stared at her and some were even whispering. Callie started to feel embarrassed and upset because she hated the attention being focused on her. Jesus was with Brandon and Mariana and he noticed that people were staring at Callie so he went next to her and said out loud," Is there something you would like to say to me and my sister? No? Then stop staring and whispering!" This made some people stop but others whisper more. Jesus looked at Callie and said," If there is any problems come to me?" Callie nodded, not wanting to say anything. At lunch Callie hadn't seen Wyatt all day so she sat down at a table and texted him hoping that he would come. Callie looked up from her phone and saw something that tore her heart to shreds. She saw Talya flirting with Brandon. For a second she could have swore that Brandon knew she was looking and that hurt her even more. "Stop feeling this way! Your the one who told him to move on and then you shove the idea of Wyatt in his face," Callie thought to herself. Callie was brought out of her thoughts when Wyatt sat next to her and said," Hey Cal." Callie pushed away her thoughts and turned to Wyatt and responded," Hey." Wyatt gave Callie a kiss and said," I'm sorry I haven't been around today. I was late this morning and I had to make up a few tests." Callie smiled and said," It's fine. I'm glad we get to see each other in person and not worry about my head." " Yeah it is." Callie glanced back over to where Brandon and Talya were and it seemed like he didn't even notice anything so Callie tried ignoring it and went to focusing on Wyatt. After school Brandon walked out of his class and Talya came up to him and said," Hey so tonight I was wondering maybe we could hang out?" Brandon nodded and said," Okay." Brandon started walking to leave the school and he noticed Callie at her locker. He was debating on whether to ask her about her day or not. Talya noticed Callie too and she said," Why don't we say hi to her?" " Uh well...sure," Brandon said starting to get nervous about talking to Callie. He walked up to her with Talya next to him and said," Hey how was your first day?" Callie shut her locker and noticed Talya with him. She felt threatened for some reason and she snapped," It was fine Brandon." Brandon was confused why she was acting this way so he asked," Are you upset or something?" Talya noticed the situation so she reached over and grabbed Brandon's hand. Brandon wasn't paying much attention to anything else but Callie so he didn't move his hand. Callie's eyes flickered to their hands and she felt tears brimming her eyes so she quickly said," Whatever. See you at home." With that she walked passed them hitting Brandon's shoulder with hers as she walked away. When she left Brandon noticed Talya's hand and he moved his away and snapped," Why did you grab my hand?" Talya smiled innocently and said," I thought you liked me?" Brandon, being as blind as ever, relaxed and apologized for snapping and said," I will just call you later." When Brandon got home he went up to his room and threw his backpack on the floor. He pounded his bed and yelled in frustration. ' Why am I so stupid! God Brandon stop getting pissed about Callie. She has Wyatt now and she is obviously happier with him," Brandon thought to himself. He decided to call Talya because he needed to relieve some of his pain. He told her to come over so that they could talk. A little while later Tayla knocked on his door and when he opened it he grabbed her waist and kissed her. Tayla smiled and kissed back. When he pulled away she asked," Is this what you wanted me for?" Brandon nodded and kissed her again. Talya enjoyed the kissing but to Brandon it just felt emotionless. To him he was just trying to forget everything. Talya pulled away and asked," So are we a thing now?" Brandon answered," Yeah if you want." Talya smiled and said," Good." The next day at school Callie was in class and she looked up and saw the one thing that she feared that she would see. Brandon and Talya kissing. As Callie went back to what she was doing she thought to herself," He is over me now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~      So a bit of an emotional chapter there. What do you guys think of Brandon and Talya? Also does Callie have a right to be jealous or hurt? I hope you guys are liking this. Please vote and comment!
- Em💖