Chapter 23

Its been a few days and you have been annoyed with people for a while. Dave has been flirting from afar if that makes sense. Right now you are in class waiting for the bell to ring for next period to start. When class ends you and Karkat stand up. "Mrs. (l/n) will you come here please" Mr. D says as you raise a brow and look at Karkat and lead him outside. "Uh yes Mr. D" you say walking to his desk leaning on it. You see him lean to look over your shoulder as he guides someone over. You look over your shoulder and see Dave walking and you get and act normal as he continues. "Mrs. (l/n), Mr. Strider. Had been failing Math.. Again" Dave clears his troat and glares at the teacher. "Anyway. Like 2 years ago I need yo-" you cut him off "I'm sorry... I can't Mr. D" you tear a bit and look at Dave who looks a bit sad and you looks down wiping a tear heading out the door. "Mrs. (l/n) please I need your help" he says. You stop and take a deep breathe and turn to him. "ONLY!... What if you boost my grade up to an A not a B" you smirk and Dave smirks as well. ".... FiNE!" your smirk widens and you nod looking at Dave glaring. "My house 4" you say walking out the door.

At lunch you and Karkat sit with Abby Willow Kayla Julie Sollux and Gamzee. You guys talked about how Roxy is throwing a party but you told them you have to help dipshit study. As you guys continue to talk you look up to see Dave in front of you "what" you say looking down. " can I talk to you in private maybe?" he ask looking to the side. "..... If you don't try and rape me sure" he rolls his eyes and starts to walk away. You groan and set your stuff on Karkat and follow him. You catch up to Dave "so what did you want to talk about" ask trying to be as nice as possible. "Well" he turns to look at you and you stop walking "I just wanted to say. Can we forget what happened in the past, I was a douche, a moron, a dumbass. And I regret everything. I don't expect you to forgive me and fuck me and whatever but can you at least be my friend. Please" he looks down at his hands blushing a bit. You smile a bit then hide it "ok but I'm not forgiving you entirely. But I just wanna get through this project" he nods and you walk to your group and he walks away.

When you got to your house you jump on your bed turning on American horror story while waiting for Dave. As minutes pass you start to drift thinking about Dave, Drifting slowly into sleep.

You wake up a little from your nap and feel a hand on your back rubbing you softly. You moan thinking it was grandma and turn your head to the side to look at her to find out it was Dave you sit up fully and jump. "Uh hi when did you get here" you ask fixing yourself. "Just a few minutes ago" he says sitting in your spinny chair "ok good. Let's start" you say getting up putting your hair in a messy bun.

After studying you look at Dave and see him packing up "I'll see you in Monday dave" you growl and start to push him out of the room. You jump on your bed and grab your remote and start watching tv. 'i hate people' you think to yourself.

Since its Friday you wait for Karkat to get to your house. You groan and stand up pulling out your couch to a bed and unlock your door and lay down on your stomach. You hug your pillow and drift asleep.