The Disaster

You're the most important person in my life. You cannot leave. Not now. Not ever. Mom.

It was an accident, but Alex couldn't fathom it. She'd been the cause for her mother's almost death experience. Noah rushed to the hospital when he heard the news.

They were on their way to the grocery store nearby, but Alex's mom suggested they go out for dinner. Reluctantly Alex drove towards the street. Her eyes were not on the road anymore. She was fighting with her mom, yelling at her. Telling her how stupid she was for going to Mrs.Fitzgerald's place. She's brought the idea of marriage into her head. She even spread rumours about Alex's "relationship" with Noah.

She was so frustrated. She was so afraid. The last thing she needed was to be the cause for a disaster. But it wasn't on intention. It just happened. She hit the electric post and tried to steer the car around. But in vain.

"It was not your fault Alex. It's alright."
"No. It's not. How could you say that? She could die!"
"No. Don't think of that. She'll be fine."
"Fine. What does that even mean? I don't know what to do. Maybe you should leave. Yeah. That's right. You should leave Noah."
"What? No! I'm staying here till everything's back to normal."
"No. Can't you see? Nothing's going back to normal. Just go away."
"No. I won't."
"I said leave!"

Noah didn't know what to say. He moved away from her, but didn't leave the building. He sat in the entrance hallway. And waited patiently for her to come and apologize.

Except, there was no reason she would come. He might as well leave. But he didn't. No.He couldn't.

Why do things always get worse when I try to fix it?

Noah wondered.