The Silence

The flight landed on time. Alex was on her way home to create a new life. Away from her past. She was ready to move on. No one will stop her now. She could make her own plans and do whatever her heart desired.

As she walked towards the taxis to get one,

"Hello again!"
"Noah! I told you leave me alone. Don't come in my way anymore."
"I'm not in your way. How could I be? I love you."
"This is not the time."
"Yes. It'll never be the right time."
"Noah. Go away."
"No I will not."
"Then I will."

They moved separate ways. Days passed, weeks even. It wasn't until Alex went back to the book store to ask Ms.Warner for a part time job. She'd a plan set up. She would earn enough money to pay the bills while she learned to realize her dream. She was attending a course in creative fiction at the Arts School only a few kilometres away from home.

"Hello Ms.Warner. I'm Alex. I'm a regular customer here. I was wondering if I could get a job here. I'll do anything!"

Alex had changed. She wasn't scared. She just went up to the store manager and asked for a job. Noah couldn't believe his eyes. He hadn't let go of her. She pushed him away for no good reason. He was upset.

"Well hello Alex. You could send in your resume to me. I'll set up an interview and you should be good. You see not many people are interested in working here. We would be more than happy to hire you."
"Yes. I understand. I'll bring in my resume tomorrow."
"Good. I'll meet you at 10 in the morning."
"Wonderful. See you then Ms.Warner."

As she walked out she saw Noah coming behind her. She knew he would start apologising again.

"Look Noah," she said as she turned. To her surprise Noah was just paying the money for the book be bought. He didn't even say hi to her. He walked out and that was it.

That's right! You do all the wrong and act as if you're the hero! I hate him so much! I'll show you who's right.

She stepped out of the store and walked past Noah saying,
"Some people just don't deserve me."

Noah didn't react. In his mind he was wondering why Alex had to act this way.

What bas gotten into her? What did I do? If only she would listen. Go on. Run off and find your dreams. I'll be here. Waiting.

Noah was climbing the ladder in his career. He was taken into a magazine company who loved his shoot at Africa and made him the assistant photographer for a major project on wildlife in America. He was beyond excited.

Everything seemed to be falling into place. But he wasn't happy. How could he win her back? Or is it better to move on?