The Flight

The streets were so beautiful in London. It had been a week since they got there and Alex was already very happy. She loved the culture and the food. She was wondering if her mom really wanted to stay here longer because she hadn't seen her so happy in years.

"Do you really want to stay here mom? Like forever?"
"Oh. Well. It's a lovely place. And I did tell you that my friend would help me out. I can see myself being happy here."
"I can see that."

"Mom. You can stay."
"Oh no. But what will you do?"
"I can handle myself. I'll come here once in few months. And it'll be my vacation spot."
"Are you sure about this?"
"Yes mom.

They embraced. They went to her mom's friend's place. She was a really sweet woman and assured Alex that she can go home happily and needn't worry about her mom.

The very next day Alex booked a flight and was on her way to the airport. Here she waited for about an hour as her flight was delayed. She read a book and had some coffee. It was a good time. She was in a good mood.

Suddenly out of nowhere she felt someone tapping on her shoulder.

"Hey."

Alex jumped and freaked out for a moment. It was Noah. What was he doing here?

"Noah!"
"Yes. That's me."
"What are you doing?"
"I'm here for you."
"I'm leaving in a few minutes on a flight. Are you following me?"
"No. I was just making sure you're alright. I'm coming with you."
"What? No you can't!"
"Uh. Yes I can. I've a ticket you know."

Alex was so confused and frustrated. It was time to leave, so she ignored him. To her annoyance Noah was sitting right behind her on the flight. They didn't talk. But she was very uncomfortable.

Oh God I can't wait for this flight to land! What does he think of himself? He just comes and goes as he pleases.

She spent the whole time reading her book and half asleep. She wasn't going to listen to him when they got back home. But Noah was determined to win her back.

This wasn't going to be easy.