The Recovery

It was time for Alex to take her mom home. She was better now, buts she couldn't walk that day. She said her knees hurt. Alex didn't force her. Now it was two weeks since the accident and they were going home.

They reached home soon and Noah came knocking at the door.

"Hey. How are you today Mrs.Bloomfield?"
"I'm much better Noah. Thank you. I think I need to lie down for some time. You two go ahead and eat something."
"Okay. Sure. Have a nice nap."

"Do you want the one with potatoes or the chicken?"
"Chicken please. God! It's been so long since I tasted some good old burgers."
"Haha. How's it going then? Do you need something? Groceries or anything?"
"Yeah. Actually I need to buy some stuff."
"We'll leave in a minute then."
"Yes."

They were on their way to the store. Alex had been on leave for the past two weeks. She'd to get back to work too. They needed the money.

"So when will you like to join back?"
"I was wondering if I could try elsewhere."

Mr.Fitzgerald was shocked. Alex wanted a job "elsewhere?" Nobody would have her he thought!
"What's that?"
"Yes. I'm sorry Mr.Fitzgerald. But this is not the job I've been dreaming of. I'll try elsewhere. Thank you so much though."
"Well. Okay. Good luck."

"Where are you going to find a job?"
"You'll see. Can we leave now? That's all i needed."

They reached home to find Alex's mom sitting on the sofa coolly.

"Mom? Are you alright? I thought your knee hurt."
"It did. But now it's good. I walked and i felt human again. Don't be glum Alex. I'm absolutely good to go. It was the hospital that freaked me out."
"I'm glad. This is perfect."

She was glad. She didn't think her mom would survive. Yet here she was smiling and watching TV. Time flew so quickly and so did the pain. Meanwhile Noah was thinking about her new job. What was she hiding from him? Did she have an interview somewhere? He was filled with questions.

Only time would reveal her story. But Noah wanted to know now.

It was hard...the waiting.