chapter 6

"Alright, what's with the giant shuttlecock?" a creepy man in a lab coat glared at the three.

"Sorry, sir." Atticus said as he helped the boys out of the giant shuttlecock.

"I don't know what happened, one minute we were innocently launching ourselves across the city in a badminton platypult, the next thing we know, we're bouncing on up to the east side to your deluxe apartment in the sky." Phineas added in apologetically.

"Well, it looks like you've totaled my Other-Dimensionator." the scientist frowned.

This caused Atticus to go wide-eyed as his uncle had warned him about that, so he actually helped him.

"An Other-Dimensionator?" Phineas asked the scientist. "What does it do?"

"Well, at the moment, it just attracts giant shuttlecocks, but it's supposed to allow me to go into other dimensions." The scientist smiled.

" Oh, that's cool!" Phineas smiled back. "We can help you fix it. I'm Phineas and this is my brother Ferb, and that's our cousin, Atticus."

"Um, hello, sir." Atticus greeted. 'Maybe my uncle's wrong about this one.' he then thought to himself.

"I'm Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz, but my friends call me--" the scientist introduced until he stopped to think. "I just got into such a funk."

"Ferb and I are naturally handy with tools, we'll get this thing fixed in no time." Phineas smiled.

"Ah, what the heck?" Doofenshmirtz smiled back. "Before we set up, there's a whole buffet here, please partake, I was expecting someone who seems to be running late."

And where Perry's and Patch's rocket car had crashed and was now being towed.

"You're lucky I got a rocket car winch, lots of guys don't have that." the driver told the puppy and platypus.

Patch nodded, impressed. Perry groaned as this could take a while.

Phineas, Ferb, and even Atticus were getting to work on fixing the machine.

"Almost there, okay, field compressor attaches to the auxiliary generator, was this working before?" Phineas then asked the scientist.

"If you mean 'working' by 'functioning properly', then, uh, no." Doofenshmirtz replied sheepishly.

"I think I can see your problem." Atticus said as he saw wires connected to a self-destruct button due to his X-Ray vision.

"What is it?" Doofenshmirtz asked.

"Do you need a self-destruct button?" Atticus asked.

Doofenshmirtz was about to say yes, but then he thought about how many times his inventions have been destroyed because of that one button. Atticus hid a small smirk.

"No, I don't need that." Doofenshmirtz smiled.

"Okay, Ferb, is the controller ready?" Atticus asked the green-haired boy.

Ferb nodded up to the strong teenage boy.

"So Ferb has rigged up this remote control, so that if we get separated from the portal, we can open another one." Phineas said.

"Huh, nice touch, kid." Doofenshmirtz replied.

"There's just one piece left to put in." Atticus said.

"Here we go." Phineas agreed as they finished up.

Perry and Patch soon jumped in, but stopped as they saw the boys there.