chapter 14

"I still have my heart set on those nachos." Buford-2 replied hungrily.

Meanwhile back with Stacey...

"Uh, mysterious force, I feel a little awkward talking to you, because I didn't believe in you at first," Stacey said nervously as she had a display table as she was all alone. "Because lets face it, it's crazy, but then I saw you eat my friend, so, I've made a little shrine here. It's...It's nice, there's a banana, and, uh, oh, Mr. Miggins! So, I hope this makes up for the disbelief thing. Are we, uh, are we good?"

While she was in the backyard, feeling awkward doing that, the others were now with the two Doofenishmirtz's captured by the robots.

"Busted." Atticus and Atticus-2 frowned.

"Now you have no choice but to fix the machine." Doofenshmirtz-2 said to Phineas.

"No." Phineas replied.

"It's not one of your choices fix the machine." Doofenshmirtz-2 said.

"No." Phineas still declined.

"He's not going to do it." Atticus and Atticus-2 said.

"Can, uh, can I say something?" Candace spoke up. "So I think I'm up to date on the whole Perry-agent thing. Strangely, that's the most normal thing that's happened this afternoon... But who exactly is this guy?"

"Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz." Bridget replied.

"How do you know?" Candace asked.

Bridget sighed. "I'm a spy too."

"Me too." Patch said.

"Wait, what...?" Candace then asked once her mind was blown yet again.

"Yeah, yeah, I can talk." Patch said, already knowing that reaction would come in.

"Fix it!" Doofenshmirtz-2 continued.

"No." Phineas told him.

"Look, I would make myself do it, but apparently, he's an idiot." Doofenshmirtz-2 replied.

"Hey!" Doofenshmirtz glared at his doppelganger.

"Fix it!" Doofenshmirtz-2 told the triangle-headed kid.

"No." Phineas still refused.

"Very well then, you've forced my hand!" Doofenshmirtz-2 growled before taking out a sock puppet and made a high voice. "Fix the machine!"

"No." Phineas refused.

"Really?" Doofenshmirtz-2 was surprised that that didn't work. "When I was your age, I did anything a puppet told me to do!"

"How old do you think we are?" Phineas gave him a deadpan look.

"Yeah, how old do you think they are?" Atticus-2 asked.

"I don't know, one, two? It's hard to tell with the one eye," Doofenshmirtz-2 shrugged. "I don't know why you're being so uncooperative. All I'm asking you to do is to make my machine work so I can invade and conquer your world and enslave your loved ones."

"You're kidding, right?" Atticus asked.

"See, that's just it," Phineas spoke up to the inter-dimensional mad scientist. "Why would we do something that would lead to our own self-destruction?"

"Why do I have a bad feeling that might have just helped him?" Atticus-2 asked.

"Self-destruction? Self-destruct... Wait, wait! I remember now! They took out my self-destruct button!" Doofenshmirtz's eyes widened in realization. "I don't know why I put it back in, but here, I'll just rewire this, like so, and there! " he then took out the device, clipped in a wire, and turned it on and it was all back to normal now. "It's working! It's working! It is functioning properly!"