Five

Nick's POV

Olivia & I get to school and we're laughing together. Then I see Michael with his girlfriend. I take a quick glance at Olivia to see that she looks a little annoyed.

"What's up?" I ask her. "He acts like he never found out his ex-girlfriend was pregnant. Like that life never happened." She said irritatedly. "How about we show him what he's missing?" I ask her.

"How?" She asked. I was about to answer, but before I could, Michael and his girlfriend walked over.

"Hi Olivia." Nicole said. "Hey Nicole." Olivia said through gritted teeth. "How are you? I haven't seen you that much lately." She said as if the two were best friends. "I'm good." Olivia answered.

"Who are you?" Michael asked, eyeing me suspiciously. "Nick. Her boyfriend." I say and she sends me a questioning look. I sent her an I'll-explain-in-a-minute look.

"Boyfriend?" Nicole asked her. "Yep. Nick's my boyfriend." Olivia said after a moment. "How long have you been dating?" Nicole asked curiously. "Not very long." Olivia said.

"Well, it's good to know that you're happy." Nicole said and I could tell that she was lying. "Well, we're gonna go. See you later Olivia." Nicole said and then dragged Michael off.

I did not miss the suspicious look he sent us as he was dragged off.

"Explain." Olivia said the second they were out of sight & earshot. "He acts like his life with you in it never happened. Let's remind him of how amazing you are and make him see what he once had." I say.

"Okay." She said after a minute. "Great. By the end of this, he'll be wanting you back." I say and she scoffed. "Doubt it." She says. "Let's just give this a chance." I say. "Okay okay." She says.

"How do we start?" She asks. "We could start by holding hands." I say, grabbing her hand. She stared at our hands for a moment before looking up at me.

"Let's get to homeroom." She said and we began walking, hand in hand. "So what's you favorite subject?" I ask. "History. Of course." She says. "Chemistry." I say. "I hate chemistry." She says.

"How close were you and your grandmother?" I ask curiously after a minute. "We were seriously close. We knew everything about each other." She said and I wrapped my arm around her.

When we got to homeroom, I noticed out of the corner of my eye that Michael was glaring at me. Particularly my arm around Olivia.

"I think Michael still has some feelings for you." I whispered to her. She took a discreet glance over at Michael before looking at me.

"Maybe." She says as we sit together. "How do you think this is gonna work?" She whispered to me. "I don't know yet." I say.

Michael's POV

I was in class when I see Nick put his arm on Olivia. And even though Nicole's next to me I can't help staring at them.

I can't believe him! All the guys in school know she's mine even if I don't claim her. Heaven knows I beat up a few guys just for looking at her.

"Michael!" Nicole says, pulling my head to look at her. "Yea, yea. What?" I ask.

"You don't seriously think I'm that dumb, do you?" She asked me. "What are you talking about?" I ask.

"I see the way you always look at her. That's why I don't like Emily. You look at Olivia like she still has your heart. The mother of that kid, is the mother of your kid." She says.

"That's not my kid." I say. "She has your eyes." Nicole says. "What?" I ask. "Emily has your eyes." She says.

"Nicole, I swear, that kid is not mine." I say. "Michael, I see the way you look at Olivia. You still have feelings for her. Even if you don't think that, you do." She says.

"Whatever." I say and look back over at Olivia & Nick. She was laughing and he still had his arm around her.

I felt my hands clench into fists when he kissed her cheek. Okay, so I still have some feelings for her; she's mine.

Only mine.

"Fine. I still have some feelings for her." I say to Nicole. "I know that." She sighs, but grabs my hand.

"Don't worry Nicole. I'm almost positive that it won't be long before all of my feelings are for you." I say before kissing her.

The normal spark wasn't there. What in the world is going on?

"Am I still going to your family's Christmas party this year?" She asks me. "Obviously. My family is going to love you." I tell her.

"Thanks." She giggles. "No problem." I say. "Hey, my parents are going to pick out our Christmas tree after school. Want to come with?" She asks.

I took a quick glance over at Olivia & Nick for a second before looking back at Nicole. "Sure. And tomorrow, I'm taking you out to dinner at that Coffee House you loved so much yesterday in honor of our six month anniversary." I tell her.

"Great." She says.

Nick's POV

I keep seeing Michael look over at us and I know I'm in for it. He only told all the guys in school to stay away from Olivia.

He had no right. He's the one that broke up with her.

Plus, I think I was starting to love her.

Soon homeroom was over and I walked with Olivia out of the room. I looked around at the school's Christmas decorations.

"I just love Christmastime. My mom used to take me caroling around our neighborhood when I was little. My elementary school back in San Francisco never decorated." She tells me.

"Why not?" I ask. "I don't know. They just didn't. That didn't stop me from having the Christmas Spirit though." She said.

I don't know what made me do it, but I pulled her to a stop. "What?" She asked and I looked up to see mistletoe.

"Mistletoe." I say and look back at her. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Michael watching us.

"Well, I love Christmas traditions." She says. "You know, so do I." I say and put my hand on her cheek.

I leaned close and kissed her. I just couldn't stop myself from pulling her closer to me.

When we stopped kissing, I opened my eyes to see that hers were still closed. I chuckled and pulled her hair out of the ponytail.

"You're beautiful with a ponytail, but even more so when you leave your hair down." I tell her and she blushed, biting her lip.

Michael's POV

I clenched my hands into fists when Nick kissed Olivia. That does it.

It's about time I researched Olivia. Besides her dad and stepmom, I'm the only one who know that she's adopted.

I headed off to computer class and typed in Olivia Jamison once I finished my computer assignment. I looked at the links and it didn't surprise me that she was linked with famous fashion designer Sofia Jamison, her stepmom.

The tenth link, however, caught my attention. So I clicked it. What came up, well, I don't think she would want this to get out.