Ten

Olivia's POV

I was getting ready to leave for the airport with Nick when Michael & Nicole walked up.

"Hey Nicole. Hi Michael." I say. "Hey. Nicole talked to me about Emily." He said. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Nick staring at us curiously.

"And?" I ask. "I'm her father." He said. "You rock Nicole." I say. "I know." She says jokingly and we laughed. "Since when are you two friends?" Michael asked.

"Since you decided to be stupid and let her go for a royal title." I said. "Oh." He said and I rolled my eyes. "Definitely wasn't worth it." He muttered, looking over at Nicole.

"I take it that your former possessive instinct of me is gone." I chuckle. "Yep." He said. "Good. Be possessive of Nicole." I tease and she blushed.

"Where are you going?" He asked, tickling Emily's cheek. "Taaron. My sister Victoria is really sick, so I'm gonna be there for her. Nick's coming with." I say.

"I'm glad you're happy Olivia. And I'm sorry for everything. Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?" He says. "Nope. I'm good." I say. "Alright." He says.

"Hey, you said you wanted to be a fashion designer one day, right?" I ask Nicole. "Yea, why?" She asked. "Call my aunt Sofia Jamison. Tell her that you want an internship. Just, don't tell her that I suggested it." I say. "Thanks Olivia." She says. "No problem." I say.

Nick walks over at that moment. "Hey. What are you guys doing here?" He asked. "Just came to talk to Olivia. Take care of her and my daughter in Taaron for me. Okay?" Michael said.

"Not a problem." Nick said and the two shook hands. "The world is ending!" Nicole & I joked in unison. "Ha ha. Very funny." Michael said sarcastically.

"See you soon Olivia." Nicole said. "Definitely. Say bye to Nicole and your dad, Emily." I say to her, waving her hand at them. They left and I turned to Nick.

"About time he accepted that Emily's his daughter." Nick said as he put his hands on my waist. "Agreed." I say as my father's limousine pulled up.

The chauffeur let my father out and grabbed some of the luggage, Nick helping and insisting that I talk with my father.

"Hello Father." I say. "It's good that you're returning home." He said. "It's just until Victoria is back on her feet." I say. "Who's this?" He asked, looking at Emily.

"This is Emily; my daughter." I say and his eyes widened for a moment before going back to normal. "Very well. Who is that man?" He asked, pointing at Nick.

"Nick Carewood; my boyfriend. He's coming to Taaron too." I say. "I assume he's the father?" He asked in disgust.  "No, he's not. The father and I are no longer together." I said. "Then who are you to marry? You have a child. You must marry soon." He said.

"Father, I'm not getting married." I say. "You're a mother. Which means you must get married. When you have a child, that child needs a father." He says.

"Oh my gosh. Father, all Emily needs is love. I love her with everything I have. She doesn't need her father and I to get married." I say.

"Hey. Ready to go?" Nick asked as he came over, draping his arm across my shoulders. "Yes. Let's go." I say, sidestepping around my father.

Nick helped me into the limousine and he sat next to me, my father getting in across from us.

When we got on the road to the airport, I doubt that Nick could notice the rising tension between my father and I.

Nick's POV

I could feel a tension between Olivia and her father, and it seemed to be rising.

"Why don't you get Emily situated and I'll be right over okay?" I asked, knowing her father was going to want to talk to me.

"Okay." She shrugged.

I kissed her cheek tenderly before going over and sitting next to her father. "Hello sir. I'm Nick." I say. "I'm very aware. I actually have a few questions for you young man." He said. "Okay." I say.

"What grades do you get in school?" He asks. "A's and B's." I say. "How long have you known my daughter?" He asks. "A week or two." I answer. "What do you plan on doing with your life?" He asks.

"I plan on being an author." I say. "How do you plan on supporting my daughter and granddaughter?" He asks. "What?" I ask.

"How do you plan on supporting them once you and Olivia are married?" He asks. "With all do respect sir, Olivia and I haven't been dating for that long so we're not thinking about marriage yet." I say.

"It doesn't matter. She is a mother and so she must be married." He said. "Is that a law in Taaron?" I ask. "No, but it's common knowledge for a princess." He says.

"I mean no disrespect, but she doesn't want to be a princess." I say. "She's a princess. It's her birthright." He says.

"It might be her birthright, but she doesn't want it. She doesn't want to be a princess of Taaron." I say.

"Just answer the question." He snapped. I thought for a moment. "I would support them on the money I got from my books." I say.

"And if you don't succeed in writing?" He asks. "Then I'll support them on the money I get from working in my family's Coffee House." I say.

"That's enough." He said and then began reading a book. I got up and went to sit next to Olivia.

"He interrogated you, didn't he?" Olivia asked. "You heard that?" I asked. "No, but I know my father. He's a Stevens." She grumbled.

"Was he talking about marriage while I was helping that man with the luggage?" I asked curiously.

"Yep. My family think that if you have a child, you must get married. No matter what your age." She said.

"Yikes." I say. "Agreed." She muttered. I looked down at Olivia on her other side to see her doing off to sleep.

I looked between Olivia, Emily, & Mr. Stevens. I could definitely see the similarity. Except for Olivia's eyes. Her father has brown eyes instead of blue.

"Why did you leave Taaron?" I whispered to her. "I couldn't handle my parents controlling my life anymore." She whispered back.

"They don't control you. It's your life, not theirs." I tell her. "I know." She said. I looked back at Emily to see her asleep.

"She's gonna be asleep this whole ride, isn't she?" I chuckled. "Most likely. Why?" Olivia said, looking at me curiously.

I grinned and put my hand on her cheek before leaning down to kiss her. She kissed me back.

We pulled apart after a minute. "You're beautiful." I said and she smiled with a light blush. "Thanks." She says. At least she's getting used to being complimented now.

"So is your mother gonna interrogate me?" I joke. "No, but she will be speaking with me. I'm so not looking forward to that." She says.

"I'll be right there with Emily." I tell her. "Good." She whispered and kissed me. I kissed her back.

This is probably gonna be a very long trip for Olivia, but I'm already enjoying myself.