Eleven

Olivia's POV

We got onto the palace grounds and I looked around with a sigh. Emily on the other hand, she was looking around with her wide eyes full of awe as Nick held her.

"Let's go." Father said and Nick & I followed him to the throne room. There, sitting in their respective thrones, were my brothers and my mother.

"Daniel! Jason!" I say and they jumped up, running to hug me and I hugged them back. "It's good to see you Olivia." Jason said ecstatically.

"Boys." Mother said and they returned to their thrones. I stood there, waiting for her to say what was on her mind.

"Hello Olivia. I was informed that you have a daughter. Is this correct?" She said. "Yes Mother." I say. "I assume this is the father." She says, gesturing to Nick beside me.

"No Mother. The father and I are no longer together." I say. "Then who is your husband?" She asked. "I'm unmarried Mother." I say.

"Then I assume this is the man you are preparing to marry. Perfect; I get to plan a wedding." She said. "Here we go again." I muttered under my breath.

"Mother, I'm not getting married. Nick is my boyfriend, not my fiancé." I say. "Yes, you're getting married. You have a child, so therefore you must get married." She said.

"No I'm not Mother!" I say. "Boys, go. I need to have this discussion with your sister without you present." She said and my brothers left.

"You're getting married and that's that." She said. "No, Im not!" I snap at her. "Olivia Stevens, you are a mother and a princess. If you were a commoner and not my daughter, I would allow you to be a mother without a husband. However, what would our people say if they heard that the princess was unmarried with a child?" Mother said.

"Your people Mother. Not mine." I say. "You will be married and this man who you claim as your boyfriend will be your husband. Since I know you'll refuse to a marriage with a royal." She said.

"I'm not getting married!!" I say, on the verge of yelling at her. "Yes you are." She said. "No I'm not!!" I yell, losing my temper.

"Princess Olivia Eloise Rosaline Cheryl Isabelle Stevens, don't you dare yell at your mother." She said to me. "Ugh! Mother, I'm not getting married and that's final!" I shout.

"You are getting married whether you like it or not!!!" She said, clearly trying to keep her temper under control.

"No Mother! It's my life and how I decide to live is none of your business." I snap. "You are a princess Olivia!" She said.

"Correction! I was a princess. I'm not a princess anymore. I can actually have a normal life in America. Emily can have a normal life there." I say.

"Oh please. You're a princess. So is your daughter. A princess should not be normal." She says.

"Well, I like being normal." I say exasperatedly.

Nick's POV

"If you won't marry Nick, then at least marry the father." Her mother said and that was too much. It was escalating way to quickly; I needed to step in.

I walk over to her mother and say, "You can't forcer Olivia to marry." "She is a princess. If a princess has a child, they must be married." She said to me.

"Mother, I'm not marrying anybody! Especially not Emily's dad. He loves someone else now and that woman loves him too. I won't allow your idiotic belief get in the way of their love. When I decide to marry, it will be because I'm truly in love with that man." Olivia snapped.

"Are you not in love with this Nick?" Her mother asked. I looked at Olivia curiously. "I don't know yet Mother." Olivia said.

I smiled, liking that she might be in love with me.

"Olivia, you will get married!" Her mother snapped at her. "She's not ready to get married so she doesn't have to." I say as I walk over to stand beside Olivia.

Olivia's mother said something in Spanish and Olivia glared fiercely at her before speaking in Spanish herself. They talked in Spanish for awhile before Olivia spoke in English again.

"Mother, Emily is my daughter and I will raise her my way! Not yours!! Trust me Mother, I'm not gonna force her to be someone she's not. Do you even know who me and my siblings were?! Do you know who they are now?!" Olivia snapped.

"Don't you dare speak to me in that way Olivia." Her mother said. "I'll speak to you however I darn well please." Olivia snapped as an old woman came and stood beside me.

"Olivia, be careful." The woman said and Olivia stared at her for a moment before sighing and looking back at her mother.

"I apologize Mother. That was way out of line and I should not have said that. Please forgive me." Olivia said and I could tell she was forcing those words out.

"Of course. Elizabeth, take them to their rooms please." She said and the old woman ushered us out of the room.

"Elizabeth!" Olivia said and hugged the old woman. "It's good to see you again Olivia. Where have you been?!" Elizabeth asked. "America." Olivia answered.

"So you're Nick?" Elizabeth asked me. "Yes ma'am." I say and she chuckled. "Just call me Elizabeth. I'm Olivia's governess." She told me.

Immediately I remember that Olivia said that she was basically raised by her governess when she lived here.

"So you basically raised Olivia while she was here?" I ask. "Pretty much." Elizabeth said. "A little terror she was."

"Hey!" Olivia laughed. "You're the one who disappeared into those passages so much!" Elizabeth said and Olivia smiled innocently.

"Whatever could you be talking about?" Olivia asked innocently. "Ha ha." Elizabeth said and then started leading us down multiple halls and up staircases.

"How does anyone find their way around this place?!" I ask incredulously. "You get used to it." Olivia said.

Soon we get to a room with double doors. "Thanks Elizabeth. I'll show Nick to his room myself." Olivia said.

"Alright." Elizabeth said and then left. Olivia took Emily from me and I opened one of the huge doors, revealing an enormous bedroom.

"Whoa." I say and Olivia smiled as she walked over to lay sleeping Emily in a crib over by the wall.

"Yea, it's pretty big." Olivia said as she walked out onto the balcony. It was snowing out there and she didn't have a jacket on.

I grabbed a blanket and walked out to her. I draped it over her before wrapping my arms around her waist.

"This place is beautiful. Not as beautiful as you though." I tell her. "Yea it is." She says. I watched as the snow fell around us. We were both silent.

"Christmas Eve." She says. "What?" I ask. "Christmas Eve. That's my birthday." She tells me. "Oh. That's cool." I say.

"Out of everyone back in America that knew my birthday, Taylor was the only one who celebrated it once I moved to New York. Aunt Rosalie used to celebrate it, but after she died, my grandmother and then Taylor were the only ones who remembered." She tells me.

"Are you serious?" I ask. "Yea." She said. I stared at her. People forget her birthday?

"It's not a big deal. I'm used to people forgetting my birthday." She says. I turn her to look at me.

"You shouldn't be." I say. "I am though." She says. "I won't forget it." I tell her and she smiled.

We just watched the snow fall silently after that.