Twenty-Four

Nick's POV

I yawned as I woke up and smiled when I felt Olivia's movement, telling me she was there. I grinned and looked down at her. She was laying in my arms with a small smile on her sleeping lips. Her hair tangled up and some even on my arm.

Smiling, I traced her pink lips carefully. After a few minutes of doing that, I stopped and pulled her closer. She snuggled into me as she slept and I grinned at that before burying my face in her hair.

Her alarm clock went off and I groaned as I turned it off. I watched as she woke up with a cute yawn and then she opened her eyes.

"Morning Olivia." I whisper. "Morning." She said and went to get up. I pulled her back to me and nuzzled her hair. "Let's just lay here for a little while longer." I say, smiling when she relaxed into my chest. "Alright." She whispered, turning around so that we were face to face.

"How long have you been up?" She asked. "About ten minutes." I shrug. She nodded and laid her head on my chest. I tightened my arms around her and kissed the top of her head.

"I love you." She says. "I love you too." I say. It was nice to just lay here with her. I haven't gotten a moment alone with her. Even if Emily's in here, I'm counting it since she's asleep.

"I'm glad you kept your word." She whispered. I was confused for a second before I realized what she was talking about. "I'll never leave you. Especially when you're asleep." I tell her, brushing some hair away from her eyes.

"Why is that?" She asked curiously, staring up into my eyes. "Because you're my family. I can see you and I spending the rest of our lives together. I can see you, Emily, and I as a real family." I say, not mentioning that I do plan on asking her to marry me someday.

She grinned at me and I kissed her, pulling her closer. She kissed me back and after a minute, I hovered above her, not breaking our kiss.

"I love you Olivia." I whispered, pressing her against my chest. "I love you too Nick." She said, her hands on the back of my neck to pull herself closer to me.

I don't want to let her go ever. I love her more then she can possibly comprehend. She's my world and I love waking up to her this morning. I like knowing that she's safe with me.

If something happened to her, I would be crushed.

Breaking away from my thoughts, I realize that we were still making out on her bed and that my hands had found their way under her shirt at some point. Immediately I moved my hands and pulled away from her lips.

"Whoa." She breathed and I smiled down at her. Then she opened her eyes to look into mine.

"Sorry." I muttered in embarrassment and she giggled up at me. "It's okay. I love you." She said. "I love you too." I say and kissed her nose. I rolled off of her and laid beside her, bringing her close to me.

She buried her face in my chest and I played with her hair. We just laid there like this. I glanced over at Emily to see her eyes starting to open.

"We should get up." I whispered down to Olivia. She lifted her head up and I gestured towards Emily.

Olivia got up and went over to Emily. I went after her and wrapped an arm around Olivia's waist from behind. I put my other hand on the back of Emily's head as Olivia cradled her.

"Merry Christmas Emily." Olivia whispered. Emily yawned softly and curled closer to her mom. I pulled them both closer to me, resting my chin on top of Olivia's head.

"I love you both." I say, kissing Olivia's cheek. "And we love you." Olivia says and that's when Carlo came into the room.

"There you two are. Time to open presents." He said, smirking at me. I rolled my eyes. So I'm in love with Olivia. Sue me.

"Come on." I whisper to Olivia and she & I walked into the living room, her carrying Emily. We sat down on the couch side by side, my arm draped across her shoulders.

I kissed Olivia's temple as Gracie went around giving everyone the presents with their names on them, allowing me to hold Olivia for a while.

"Oh, someone's got a girlfriend." Carlo teased me. "Yes I do. And you know it." I said before turing to Olivia. "Go ahead and open it." I said, handing her a small package. My family and I had all agreed to let Olivia open a present first.

"It's beautiful Nick. What do the charms stand for?" She asked, staring at the charm bracelet.

"Well, the camera is because I know you love photography and you're really good at it. The Christmas tree is because I know you love Christmas. You love Emily and being her mother, so that's what the small hand is for. Lastly, the heart is because you hold my heart." I tell her.

She blushed at that last one and I grinned at her. "Thank you Nick." She says and I help her clasp it around her wrist. "Don't mention it." I say and kiss her for a moment before pulling away.

"That is so cute." Mom and my Aunt Alana chorus. Olivia blushed even more and I pulled her closer. She smiled up at me and we watched as everyone started opening up their presents.

I opened up my presents as well, but I was more focussed on how happy Olivia was.

"Merry Christmas Olivia." I say to her. "Merry Christmas Nick." She says. "Just kiss her. We all know you want to." Carlo teased and I smirked before doing just that.

She giggled and kissed me back. I heard my mom and aunt whispering about how cute we are, but I didn't care. I just kept kissing Olivia.

Emily's giggles caused us to break apart after a minute and I looked down at her in Olivia's lap.

"Look what Santa brought me Nick!" Gracie said and I looked at the dollhouse I helped dad build. "Awesome." I say, acting like I was interested in the thing. Cut me some slack; it was a pain to get built.

I turned to Olivia and looked down at Emily to see her playing with her pendant. The one Olivia passed down to her.

"This is the best Christmas I've had in a long time. Thanks for this Nick." Olivia said and I smiled. "No problem. Anything for you." I say.

I'm not kidding. I'd give my life if it meant keeping her and Emily alive.

"So my mom said a couple days ago you could become a permanent stay here. Would you?" I say.

She pretended to think for a second, making me chuckle. "That I will." She said and I grinned, pulling her into another kiss.

"Stop kissing! It's gross." Lorelei yelled, throwing wrapping paper at us. "I'd like to think that Christmas is the season of love. Wouldn't you Olivia?" I say.

"It is in my opinion." She said with a soft giggle. I smiled and she curled close to me, the two of us holding Emily between us.

This is turning out to be a pretty awesome Christmas.